little bald spots?

JEFFB1062

Apr 29, 2019
North Carolina
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Maxie
i'll attach 2 pictures, back story is that 7month old Maxie went to my cousins house for a month and when we picke dher up we've notice something not right with her coat on her cheek and in her wrinkles. My cousin said he was feeding her Royal Cannie, which she did eat before and never an issue but when we dropped her off she was eating purina one. we live on the east coast of NC and my cousin lives in the fayetteville area don't know if different grass or water would do this or just the time of year? thanks maxies cheek.jpgwringles.jpg

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Poor girl... RC is not a good food and could be allergic to something in it.. it is probably a result of that .

Look for a high quality grain free kibble... Fromm, Zingnature, Acana, Orijen are a few of the better

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
Yes definitely get her off Royal Cannie n Purina One. All grains. Christine gave you a great list. :)

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
i'll attach 2 pictures, back story is that 7month old Maxie went to my cousins house for a month and when we picke dher up we've notice something not right with her coat on her cheek and in her wrinkles. My cousin said he was feeding her Royal Cannie, which she did eat before and never an issue but when we dropped her off she was eating purina one. we live on the east coast of NC and my cousin lives in the fayetteville area don't know if different grass or water would do this or just the time of year? thanksView attachment 117941View attachment 117942

Await... just noticed, she is 7 months... are all the spot on face and head? If yes, have her skin scraped to rule out mites/mange

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

marta5

Nov 28, 2019
Country
España
Bulldog(s) Names
sasha
Something similar happened to my dog and finally they were mites. Now luck is free of them.

OP
J

JEFFB1062

Apr 29, 2019
North Carolina
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Maxie
went back to the food and shampoo we were using and looks like its clearing up!

oscarmayer

Have Bulldog Will Travel
Staff member
Jan 20, 2016
VA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Lala, Chesty, Winky, Waggles, Moose, and rescue MoJo
went back to the food and shampoo we were using and looks like its clearing up!
I'm with others concerning foods...avoid wheat, corn, and soy at all costs. Grain free foods are more expensive but are simply better for your dog. Pet Supplies Plus in North Wilmington carries Orijen, Acana, and Zignature foods. It's not too far from you. For shampoo, we use Johnson's Baby Shampoo for dry coats and Dawn Dishwashing Liquid(yes Dawn) for oily-coated dogs. They work great and contain no perfumes that might irritate skin.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.