regassam

Jul 28, 2013
shenzhen, china
Country
china
Bulldog(s) Names
ah-bo, lily and gigi
Hi all,

It's been almost a year since I've posted on here. If you read my old post, you will know about Lily, where she came from and her false pregnancy when I first saved her from a chinese petstore.

Before anyone makes comments about breeding, I would just like to say I only bred her because my extended family and friends fell in love with bulldogs after meeting Lily and Ah-bo. The way I see it, is that if they bought a bulldog from a petstore, that would be like feeding the puppymill trade. Instead I could give them puppies from my bulldogs for free.

Although my bulldogs had not been tested (in china no dogs are tested before breeding), at least the general healthy and temperament of the parents can be judged.

Lily will not be bred again, this is a one time only because I nearly lost her due whelping issues, she had a overly large puppy. After hours of labour, I rushed her to the vet in the early hours of the morning for a c-section. She had a Litter of 6, 3 boys and 3 girls. I will keep one girl (piebald) and the rest have homes already waiting.

Although its hard work caring for bulldog puppies, up every 3 hours to put them with lily for feeding, i feel its all worth it. I am so proud of her, what a great mother!

Below are some pics, enjoy.
Prep for C-Section.jpgDay3.jpgIMG_2793.jpgIMG_2749.jpgIMG_2818.jpgIMG_2894.jpgIMG_3028.jpgIMG_3045.jpg

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
Aww the babies are adorable. Congratulations on the new babies. I'm glad all went well with Lily and her C-Section and her and the puppies are healthy.

OP
regassam

regassam

Jul 28, 2013
shenzhen, china
Country
china
Bulldog(s) Names
ah-bo, lily and gigi
Thanks and yes, I was lucky to get her to the vet in time because another few hours and I would have lost them all. I'm lucky to find a vet in china who will open his hospital for me, even though it was costly.

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
Congrats on the puppies, they are adorable!!! ;)
Most bulldogs have scheduled C-sections because of what happened in your case… you are very lucky you got her to the vets in time.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Congrats on your beautiful babies... hope they are all happy and healthy! They sure are adorable!

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
they are precious!! Thank you for sharing, Lily is a very beautiful bulldog.

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
Congratulations on your new litter of sweet puppies. I'm glad everything went well w/Lily's pregnancy and delivery!

Texas Carol

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven
I remember you & Lilly well, thank you for updating us and sharing
pics of adorable babies. Please give Lily hugs & love from me, such
a great Mom. GOD bless these puppies w/excellent health.

OP
regassam

regassam

Jul 28, 2013
shenzhen, china
Country
china
Bulldog(s) Names
ah-bo, lily and gigi
Yes it's true but at the begining I wanted her to have a free whelp firstly because I wasnt sure about how safe vets are in china. second, the recovery time would be shorter and the chance of her rejecting her puppies are higher. I did however plan for incase she did have difficulties so everything worked out fine in the end. It's all completely new to me and now I'm learning and experiencing how to raise her puppies, it's great!

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Staff online

Members online