Leash chewing/Randomly stopping on walks

KrisP

Aug 12, 2021
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Chubbs
Hi there! I have a bully who just turned one last month (and also recently got fixed) and ever since she got fixed she has been acting out on walks or when we take her out to pee. She will jump on us and chew on her leash and will think we are playing tug of war. We will drop the leash and hold onto her harness hoping she will realize we aren’t playing and will just wait but she keeps chewing her leash. Any one have any tips on how to stop this?

She will also randomly just stop walking sometimes and pull backwards, any tips on this as well?

Thanks!

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
Welcome to puppy stages... Lol I would tell her NO and try to just ignore her, stop the walk to see if the behavior changes. Once she gets the hint resume the walk... at some point she will get the connection that good behavior gets attention. Puppies have a LOT of energy, so this will be something that you will have to deal w/until she gets a bit older.

1Chumly

Feb 19, 2015
Houston, TX
Country
From England
Bulldog(s) Names
Buster 2013-2023 Monty 6/2010 - 1/2020 Chumly 2002-2014
Buster will plant his feet and stop walking if there is even the slightest pressure on his harness or collar, and I do mean the slightest! He will not move until the lead is hanging and then he takes his time. I don't know if his previous owners maybe pulled him and that's why he stops but there is no moving him until he is good and ready. He is nearly 8.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.