Leaky little lady

Jonnycash

Nov 14, 2021
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Polly
Hi everyone! Although Iā€™m not new to owning dogs I am new to owning bulldogs and Iā€™m quickly finding out they can be a temp temperamental breed! So Iā€™ve had my little lady Polly 4 weeks and noticed she is dripping urine whilst walking around, not all the time but on a daily basis and seems to be involuntary, she will also wet the bed whilst asleep. Will go out for a wee as normal when sheā€™s ready, thereā€™s no sign of discomfort and sheā€™s otherwise happy. Blood and urine results have come back fine - vets arenā€™t being any more helpful than that really which becoming quite stressful. Has anyone experienced similar? Any ideas as to what it could be? Maybe something she will grow out off? Please help! She is 16weeks old btw.

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
hello @Jonnycash. i don't know what you mean by "tempermental" as for her leaking urine, it could be that she will grow out of it. there are also some conditions that could be the cause. you have had the first tests that should be done.
there is another called ectopic ureter exp:An ectopic ureter is an abnormality of the ureter (the tubular tissue that connects the kidney to the urinary bladder) where the ureter does not enter into the urinary bladder in the correct anatomic position. This abnormality is something that cats and dogs are born with and can affect one or both of the ureters. The ectopic ureter may tunnel within the bladder tissue before opening in an abnormal location (intramural) or the distal ureter may implant into an abnormal area without tunneling (extramural). Additional congenital abnormalities of the kidneys and urinary tract can also be observed. There are also medications that can be tried, personally i would wait and see if she will grow out of it.
you could try doggie diapers if it is needed.

1637089113838.png

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Agree with Lynn, can be many issues or nothing, but a vet visit is needed. Bring a urine sample

Most Reactions

šŸ“° Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.