Lambeau has been diagnosed with lymphoma

OP
2BullyMama

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Oh thatā€™s frustrating when they get picky.

Definitely try to get the Adored Beast Gut Soothe into him to help with his digestion if you can cause thatā€™s probiotics and gut soothing foods in it.

What raw food do you feed??
Iā€™ve been using th gut smooth, but being a powder, I canā€™t get that on the boiled chicken and him eat it. He has got smart to meds being hidden and wonā€™t take anything that smells off. I dipped a raw heart in the gut smooth and he walked way. Offered a clean piece and he ate it. Their raw is made locally , it is not a large retail brand

OP
2BullyMama

2BullyMama

Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
You know a dog will always eat human food. So start cooking womanā€¼ļø @rjisaterp meat is a go not the potato part loll
Yep, that is what Iā€™m doingā€¦ made a pork/organ/egg noodle meatloaf and put he probiotic in it. Iā€™m going to wash the top with melted butter too. Probably not the best but it , right now, about getting a probiotic in him.

Bulldog2001

May 5, 2022
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
None yet
Iā€™ve been using th gut smooth, but being a powder, I canā€™t get that on the boiled chicken and him eat it. He has got smart to meds being hidden and wonā€™t take anything that smells off. I dipped a raw heart in the gut smooth and he walked way. Offered a clean piece and he ate it. Their raw is made locally , it is not a large retail brand
He is smart.

Actually Rusty did that too when he got really picky and cause he would vomit from being hungry he wouldnā€™t eat.

I ended up taking the amount of powder he needs and putting it directly into his mouth and then h delude stop vomiting and actually feel better to eat something. He wasnā€™t happy I put it directly into his mouth but it worked and if thatā€™s what I had to do, I did it for him.

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
I hope he eats your "meat " loaf! Don't know how much probiotic you give, but couldn't you mix some with liver juice(or other meat juice,) and squirt it in mouth with syringe? I've done it with all assorted animals, depending on food they eat....name one, I did it! Not brag-just trying suggestion. Even had to do it when my son was little-he was like Lambeau!!!

OP
2BullyMama

2BullyMama

Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
He is smart.

Actually Rusty did that too when he got really picky and cause he would vomit from being hungry he wouldnā€™t eat.

I ended up taking the amount of powder he needs and putting it directly into his mouth and then h delude stop vomiting and actually feel better to eat something. He wasnā€™t happy I put it directly into his mouth but it worked and if thatā€™s what I had to do, I did it for him.
I hope he eats your "meat " loaf! Don't know how much probiotic you give, but couldn't you mix some with liver juice(or other meat juice,) and squirt it in mouth with syringe? I've done it with all assorted animals, depending on food they eat....name one, I did it! Not brag-just trying suggestion. Even had to do it when my son was little-he was like Lambeau!!!
Yep -- that is what we resorted to. I mix the powder with water and use a syringe to get it in him! he is stubborn bugger and Lewis has to hold his head/mouth while I get the syringe in the mouth and fire away!

And, he will not eat the meatloaf I made... so, Cheli is getting a little with each meal.

OP
2BullyMama

2BullyMama

Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
1/11 update - Our vet called us on Wednesday night 1/4 around 9:30 to check on Beau after talking through everything, he wanted to see him the next day. This has been our vet for almost 20 years, I asked him to run any test they had to in order to get answers of ā€œwhyā€ the poo issues have not cleared up -- it has been 7 months. He agreed, it has been too long, but his topic of discussion was not my topic. I pushed for a new ultrasound and x-rays if need be ā€“ I told him, that it seems all of us just went right to focus/blame everything on the cancer, but nothing was ever really dug into as to why this was happening. He asked what the oncologist directed us to doā€¦ I told him she was not treating it at all. Therefore, beau was admitted for observation and new ultrasound.

I got a call yesterday, was on phone with vet for over a half hour discussing results from last weekā€™s testsā€¦. All tests were clear, normal, not even any signs of swollen nodes!! They compared the current ultrasound to the one done in August, all his organs and nodes look great ā€“ fantastic news right, chemo is working! Well, no, we still have no idea why he wonā€™t stop poo. So, the game plan is to get him loaded with pre and pro biotics because the ā€œguessā€ without doing surgery, which is not an option, his intestinal wall has been weakened causing everything that enters to just flow back out

Beau is usually a very food motivated crazy Iā€™ll eat anything dog (typical), but he is at a point of being very picky as to what and when he will eat. Therefore, I spend the day offering whatever is in the fridge, treat jar, I even got kibble and canned dog food from vet. All throughout the day I try to get food in him that has the pre/probiotics hidden in it. And, yes, he has gotten smart to the hidden meds and will not take anything that has an off smell to it. Therefore, most of what will help him has to be liquid that I inject into his mouth (what fun!) or an injection to the skin.

His behavior otherwise is normal.. jumps up on furniture, runs up/downstairs, runs to protect the front door or lets a squirrel/bird know to not be on the front steps or in the yard and best of all I still get ā€œwigglesā€ on command šŸ˜Š .

His quality of life is not perfect right now, but he still is being him for the most part.

Side note -- I'm still working at home, but my company wants us back in the office three days a week. I submitted for an exemption so i can remain with Beau due to all these poo/pee and eating issues. Praying it gets approved. if not, I'll have to get creative with my hours somehow because he can not be alone.

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
@2BullyMama when you sayā€¦.not even any signs of swollen nodes, includes the one that didnā€™t want to budge? There was one that didnā€™t seem to move in size.

Thrilled itā€™s all positive news for our Lambeau. ā¤ļø

oscarmayer

Have Bulldog Will Travel
Staff member
Jan 20, 2016
VA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Lala, Chesty, Winky, Waggles, Moose, and rescue MoJo
Have you tried this yet? Merrick Wingaling. It worked well for us on our Lacey. Eventually, I had to switch her over to, not kidding, Beef Tenderloin...which she LOVED! She did not like other cuts of beef...figures.

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
Some positive here!Sounds like his body is getting better. When I was sick, I didn't eat anything for over a week everything tasted and smelled horrible, even water!! I do hope Lamb will eat something. But I can relate to him. Sending more prayers for you all:begging::pray:

rjisaterp

Community Veteran
Apr 18, 2014
Somewhere in the Universe. Really Maryland.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Cooper, Jewel (April 27, 2013-May 7, 2022-RIPDaddy's Girl) and (Bentley Oct 2013-Dec 2021)
@2BullyMama ...just now reading your 1.11 update. Glad to hear Hammy Lammy's test results sound good. We had similar poop issues with Jewel while on chemo. We were given metronidazole to help with runny stools.

Cooper sends hugs to your boy.

thett

Nov 7, 2018
MI
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Stella, Harvey
Oh Christine, i'm so glad Lambeau's results are better. That is such great news! However, i am with you, it does not explain the poo. Hopefully it is due to the chemo and will level itself out. I hope you can get to the bottom of it.

But it breaks my heart to hear that you are being called back in 3 days a week. I am too after having been home now for about 3 years! (Thank god Stella and Harvey are doing much better now)

What a whole new level of stress this brings because you absolutely don't want to leave him alone. I wouldn't either. I am praying your request gets approved. So so much!!! šŸ™

I have to start back after next week. Not looking forward to it at all. Also have Stella's oncology consult scheduled for Feb 20. Hoping i don't end up where you are.

OP
2BullyMama

2BullyMama

Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
@2BullyMama when you sayā€¦.not even any signs of swollen nodes, includes the one that didnā€™t want to budge? There was one that didnā€™t seem to move in size.

Thrilled itā€™s all positive news for our Lambeau. ā¤ļø
We were to go for that one node to be checked today... I screwed up the scheduling so we missed the appointment. We go on Wednesday 1/25 now. The one node not going down is in the shoulder area so the ultrasound did not coer that one

OP
2BullyMama

2BullyMama

Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Have you tried this yet? Merrick Wingaling. It worked well for us on our Lacey. Eventually, I had to switch her over to, not kidding, Beef Tenderloin...which she LOVED! She did not like other cuts of beef...figures.
Have not... he is being extremely finicky.. one minute he will eat steak or ground meat, the next he wont... then he'll eat chicken meat, then he won't, egg then no, Stella and Chewy kibble... then no. I give a shot of cerenea every night around 6-7 PM to help keep the belly settled, but that doesn't seem to mater

OP
2BullyMama

2BullyMama

Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
@2BullyMama ...just now reading your 1.11 update. Glad to hear Hammy Lammy's test results sound good. We had similar poop issues with Jewel while on chemo. We were given metronidazole to help with runny stools.

Cooper sends hugs to your boy.
We have 5-7 different pills...not ONE, not one, has helped. We stopped all scripts yesterday -- giving just Imodium AD now with pred till we can get him weened off that at some point

OP
2BullyMama

2BullyMama

Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Oh Christine, i'm so glad Lambeau's results are better. That is such great news! However, i am with you, it does not explain the poo. Hopefully it is due to the chemo and will level itself out. I hope you can get to the bottom of it.

But it breaks my heart to hear that you are being called back in 3 days a week. I am too after having been home now for about 3 years! (Thank god Stella and Harvey are doing much better now)

What a whole new level of stress this brings because you absolutely don't want to leave him alone. I wouldn't either. I am praying your request gets approved. So so much!!! šŸ™

I have to start back after next week. Not looking forward to it at all. Also have Stella's oncology consult scheduled for Feb 20. Hoping i don't end up where you are.
Exemption was denied as of yesterday... I have to return to office on Tuesday. Amazing how for 2 1/2 - 3 years for the good of the company working from home was a wonderful thing, now all of the sudden, it is the worst thing to even discuss it since it benefits a person and not a corporation.... zero humanity exists in these places. BTW - not bragging, but to prove they do not care about humans.... I'm 35 years at this company with an amazing track record and it means absolutely nothing. My direct manager wants to help any way she can, but HR is tying her hands.

Beau and Cheli will be alone on Tuesday/Wednesdays... luckily Lewis gets a day home on Thursdays. We will sacrifice the first floor and anything he sh*ts on will either be cleaned each day or trashed. Luckily, it is 95% hardwood floors. I'm not going to crate him so he has to sit it it till I get home so the floors will do :(

Trying to see if our old pet sitter is still doing that work. if so, we may have to re-hire her

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.