Lambeau has been diagnosed with lymphoma

gobronco

Dec 16, 2011
San Jose, Ca
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Mila and Bruno
So sorry.. I donā€™t mean to bring up bad memories for you.

Lambeau isnā€™t that kind of uncomfortableā€¦ it is odd really, which is why we canā€™t figure out why he is doing it. We are told he is not in pain, but we canā€™t figure out the night time behavior or the constant need to poo
Don't be sorry. Anybody who has had a dog they can still shed tears over 10 years later is lucky enough to have had a really loving dog. I still tell people at work stories about him that makes them and me laugh.

OP
2BullyMama

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Don't be sorry. Anybody who has had a dog they can still shed tears over 10 years later is lucky enough to have had a really loving dog. I still tell people at work stories about him that makes them and me laugh.
Totally agreeā€¦. Nitschke passed 11 years ago and I still miss him and occasionally call Lambeau.. Nitschke. Banks passed 8 years ago and we still miss her too.

OP
2BullyMama

2BullyMama

Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
10/14 update ā€”.
Mush has been doing well, we even had a few nights without interrupted sleep. His appetite remains strong, and he will eat whatever is offered.

Poo remains an issue although we had some movements that looked totally normal happening here and there, but he still goes 6-10 times a day usually ending in pudding/liquid as the day goes on.. vet/oncologist are still stumped, no meds help in anyway. I added panacur (yes, puppy dewormer ā€“ vet/oncologist approved) and that seemed to help for about a week. So I might ask if we can up the dosage at all to see if it continues to help with the poo.

He had chemo schedule this morning, but due to his white blood count being low they did not administer the treatment. He is still not in remission, one node in the front shoulder remains inflamed/swollen.

Next appointment is on Thursday 10/20, hopefully his counts are up.

Thanks again for all the love/supportā€¦ it is greatly appreciated

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
@2BullyMama , early in another post we were talking about husk. Have you tried giving Lambeau psyllium husk ? Add yogurt to his diet.

This is what I said in other postā€¦ā€¦.BTW to this day this person never had loose or blood in his stools. Works for him šŸ™‚

Thereā€™s no limited time. Can be weeks, months.

I know someone that for yrs not one doctor could figure out why that person kept going to the bathroom #2 with full of blood each time. He did the cameras, special diet, remove this n that, pills here n there till one day I told him to go see another doctor who I was working with his wife. You know what he prescribed? Husk n yogurt. He went to a naturopath n she told himā€¦.If your plumbing isnā€™t working, your whole body wontā€ People think taking fiber will induce more #2 but truly doesnā€™t if you have a plumbing issue. Itā€™s a bit like the pumpkin purĆ©e we give to our dogs. Stops liquid stools. All this to say, try it.

Bulldog2001

May 5, 2022
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
None yet
10/14 update ā€”.
Mush has been doing well, we even had a few nights without interrupted sleep. His appetite remains strong, and he will eat whatever is offered.

Poo remains an issue although we had some movements that looked totally normal happening here and there, but he still goes 6-10 times a day usually ending in pudding/liquid as the day goes on.. vet/oncologist are still stumped, no meds help in anyway. I added panacur (yes, puppy dewormer ā€“ vet/oncologist approved) and that seemed to help for about a week. So I might ask if we can up the dosage at all to see if it continues to help with the poo.

He had chemo schedule this morning, but due to his white blood count being low they did not administer the treatment. He is still not in remission, one node in the front shoulder remains inflamed/swollen.

Glad he is sleeping better thru the night.

Have you tried the Adored Beast Gut Soothe probiotic?? It has the anti inflammatory foods like slippery Elm and aloe and other gut soothing foods, that has been the only thing that has helped my 3 dogs during ANY digestion issue, even the vet antibiotics couldnā€™t fix it, then it would be 10x worse from the meds, but the gut soothe was what cleared them up, and itā€™s also a probiotic, and I keep a jar in the fridge at all times just in case one of my dogs gets into something(rare) but I rather keep it on hand just in case.

And also the psyllium husk is good too to try for him.

I highly recommend the Gut Soothe for its probiotic and anti inflammatory for the gut.

OP
2BullyMama

2BullyMama

Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
@helsonwheels @Bulldog2001 ā€¦. Thank you.

I totally forgot about the Adored beast stuffā€¦ Iā€™ll look at that and will order some organic husk.

please keep the suggestions coming, wanting to do anything to help him.

Bulldog2001

May 5, 2022
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
None yet
@helsonwheels @Bulldog2001 ā€¦. Thank you.

I totally forgot about the Adored beast stuffā€¦ Iā€™ll look at that and will order some organic husk.

please keep the suggestions coming, wanting to do anything to help him.

Just curious cause you want more suggestions, do you have him on a mushroom supplement??

Any immune boost and even for dogs with Cancer, immunity mushrooms is so beneficial for keeping them comfortable and helping the immune system fight it.

I have gave my dog the Four Leaf Rover immunity mushrooms and itā€™s very good immune boost for them.

I definitely recommend looking into the immune boosting mushrooms like Four Leaf Rover Immunity Mushrooms cause there is 7 different kinds of mushrooms that are known to be so beneficial to dogs that are in the product.

And definitely look into the Adored Beast Gut Soothe probiotic.

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
Just curious cause you want more suggestions, do you have him on a mushroom supplement??

Any immune boost and even for dogs with Cancer, immunity mushrooms is so beneficial for keeping them comfortable and helping the immune system fight it.

I have gave my dog the Four Leaf Rover immunity mushrooms and itā€™s very good immune boost for them.

I definitely recommend looking into the immune boosting mushrooms like Four Leaf Rover Immunity Mushrooms cause there is 7 different kinds of mushrooms that are known to be so beneficial to dogs that are in the product.

If only people knew how mushrooms are at the top of the list for any health issues, even micro dosing. Most definitely you need to do your research but what a powerful ingredient even for our forest. Itā€™s Mother Natureā€™s way keeping our forest n our bodies Healthy!

Attachments

• 0FA4D35A-4886-4602-A3CA-8A86B0B59735.jpeg
    0FA4D35A-4886-4602-A3CA-8A86B0B59735.jpeg
    77.1 KB · Views: 52
OP
2BullyMama

2BullyMama

Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names

Yes, he is on an organic mushroom turkey tail complex, about 6 weeks now

thett

Nov 7, 2018
MI
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Stella, Harvey
10/14 update ā€”.

I am praying so hard for you and mush that that last node goes down and remission begins.
šŸ’• šŸ’• šŸ’•

OP
2BullyMama

2BullyMama

Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
10/20 update ā€“ still no remission, one node is being very stubborn, but he is not declining!
Poo issues remain, but getting better with the daily panacur treatment. Oncologist and vet said daily is fine if it is helping him.
Treatment today:
(1) Adriamycin @ 28 mg/m2 (26 mg) IV
(2) Cerenia @ 1 mg/kg (28 mg) IV

Next appointment is on 11/3 unless we have concerns then we would do a CBC at our vet office and then contact them. Otherwise, 11/3 will be CBC, chest x-rays and discussion based on his condition which therapy to continue with (vinc/cytoxan vs CCNU vs Laverdia).

His fall allergies are kicking in so we inquired about giving him a cytopoint shot, oncologist said it is perfectly fine, in fact they recommend it over Apaqul (spelling) in chemo patients. We will give him one, but are going to wait till 11/4 after next treatment to see how he is doing.

thett

Nov 7, 2018
MI
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Stella, Harvey
10/20 update ā€“ still no remission, one node is being very stubborn, but he is not declining!
Poo issues remain, but getting better with the daily panacur treatment. Oncologist and vet said daily is fine if it is helping him.
Treatment today:
(1) Adriamycin @ 28 mg/m2 (26 mg) IV
(2) Cerenia @ 1 mg/kg (28 mg) IV

Next appointment is on 11/3 unless we have concerns then we would do a CBC at our vet office and then contact them. Otherwise, 11/3 will be CBC, chest x-rays and discussion based on his condition which therapy to continue with (vinc/cytoxan vs CCNU vs Laverdia).

His fall allergies are kicking in so we inquired about giving him a cytopoint shot, oncologist said it is perfectly fine, in fact they recommend it over Apaqul (spelling) in chemo patients. We will give him one, but are going to wait till 11/4 after next treatment to see how he is doing.
He is not declining and that is GOOD news!!! Stubborn node just like a stubborn bully. I am praying for him and you daily. Keep up the good work mamma.. and keep hanging in there. Waiting is just so damn scary when all you want is the best for them. :heart: šŸ’• :heartsign:

Members online

No members online now.