Lambeau has been diagnosed with lymphoma

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
I can imagine you feeding Cheli SH must of been hard.
The first 5 ingredients are a kick in the head but it’s not something he’ll stay on 👍 so I wouldnt worry n nor do you as I know you 🙂

Im glad the update is on track…. You’re all in my thoughts ❤️

OP
2BullyMama

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
9/16 update ... no remission but all his nodes are down except two in the front that are still very swollen.
His treatment was Adriamycin via IV and Cerenia. He was in treatment for about an hour, this drug is the one with the most reported side effects which are nausea, vomiting and diarrhea hence the Cerenia.

The protocol is called CHOP which is the four drugs used during the treatments and last for 16 weeks. It is basically the Wisconsin-Madison if I remember right what the nurse told me.

Lambeau will be off a treatment next week, we will only do a blood panel to check his counts. The oncologist is very happy with his progress and how we are caring for him... "whatever you are doing keep at it cause he looks great and is doing very well".

He is eating great, he wanted to go on a walk yesterday which hasn't happened since mid-July, he played for a few minutes on Wednesday with Lewis and Cheli - no ball stands a chance with Beau around especially if it is orange.

Unfortunately still no understanding of the constant need to poo and why it is so soft/liquid. The only guess still at this point is pressure on the colon from swollen nodes.

Next treatment is on 9/30 -- I'm praying for remission! Even if he is in remission the treatment will continue

thett

Nov 7, 2018
MI
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Stella, Harvey
Oh Christine, I am now reading through your post and all of the updates for the first time.
I am so sorry for what you are all going through. I am happy to hear the doc is pleased with Lambeau's progress.
I will be praying him and you. You are the best bully momma and are doing everything you possibly can. I pray pray pray for remission and more years with your sweet boy. I'm also glad to hear Cheli finally pooped.. I know you hated doing that food, but you gotta do whatever works. Please keep the updates coming.

I have not been on EBN in such a long time.. it gets harder and harder to do while working.. but i will for sure be more active and watching for updates. Sending so much love and hugs to you all.
~Theresa

OP
2BullyMama

2BullyMama

Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
9/24 update - Mush is off all medicines, finished his prednisone on 9/20. There was no treatment this week, just blood work, which we were told looks very good.

His poo is still very soft/liquid so yesterday I decided to give him panacur. Yes, I'm trying anything to get his stool somewhat normal and back to twice a day. Since July he has been going (very little amounts) upwards of 10 times a day, it is heartbreaking to see him struggle, wanting to "go" but it is just small dribbles of liquid. So many meds have been used and nothing has helped it. So, I'm reaching for anything i know is used for soft poo issues. I did consult with our vet on this back in August, he said go ahead and try it won't hurt or interfere with anything he is currently taking. We were hesitant due to so many pills that we opted to not give until he was off the pred. So, 9/23 I gave him the first dose of panacur, which you give for three days.... guess who had a formed poo this morning!!!!!!!! if I had my phone with me I would have taken a picture :ROFLMAO: . I gave second dose today so we will see how he progress or regresses. If we have formed stool all three days, I will call out vet on Monday to talk about a continued treatment cause I don't want to stop if it helps, but also don't want to over do it either.

A few things to note, as Lewis and I talk and still wonder, "what did we miss?" some things came to mind, now they may not be symptoms, but to us, in hindsight they were signs. Each of these alone are no big deal, but when looking back and connecting dots, we had signs but didn't connect them. Not sure it makes a difference, but when you have the gift of hindsight things seem like they were missed
  • November 2021 - started peeing twice with each potty. Uranalysis was done and no infection was found, yes, I keep all vet paperwork and went though the file to see when that started.
  • Sleeping VERY hard and difficult to wake up - this we blamed on allergies.
  • Slow to go up/down stairs - this we blamed on heat and allergies. Both Mush and Lewis were getting butts kicked this year and we were blaming allergies for everything. We actually stated carrying hi up/down sometimes because he would just sit at top/bottom of stairs.
  • Not finishing his weekly marrow bone - normally he would not stop working on it till that bone was CLEAN. We noticed in May/June he started leaving half of it and heavily panting when he stopped. Again, we blamed the excessive heat and allergies.
Next treatment is on Friday 9/30 .

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
@2BullyMama This is good news today. Hoping(to hear more again.)
Wish I was closer, so I could do something to help you. I know the stress is exhausting. I will be praying for your family. Hugs to you. :heart:
:pray:

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
Heavily panting when he stopped….

Nyala n Jake both pants when eating their marrow bones. More Nyala n she’ll do it also in the house. Not sure if heat has anything to do with it. 🤷🏼‍♀️ Also she does it in winter n you know our winters 🥶

OP
2BullyMama

2BullyMama

Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Heavily panting when he stopped….

Nyala n Jake both pants when eating their marrow bones. More Nyala n she’ll do it also in the house. Not sure if heat has anything to do with it. 🤷🏼‍♀️ Also she does it in winter n you know our winters 🥶
Agreed, but this was different. Only going through half the bone stopping when only working it or like 30 mins, when normally it would be 90 mins. Again, just something we noticed from him in recent months up to diagnosis. Now, we could be picking on stuff not related, but it seemed to start just withnin the last 6 months.

oscarmayer

Have Bulldog Will Travel
Staff member
Jan 20, 2016
VA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Lala, Chesty, Winky, Waggles, Moose, and rescue Peggy(soon to be placed)
... but it seemed to start just withnin the last 6 months.
I'm not sure I/we would have associated those symptoms with anything serious either. Try not to over think this. It's natural to try to look back and wonder how this all started...what you might have missed, what you could have done differently. IMO, there's nothing you could have done differently to get ahead of this. Focus on what's ahead of you right now and leave everything else in the rear-view. GL with the next treatment! Hugs to all!

sisters3

Oct 29, 2015
Pennsylvania
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
My Girl Joey
9/24 update - Mush is off all medicines, finished his prednisone on 9/20. There was no treatment this week, just blood work, which we were told looks very good.

His poo is still very soft/liquid so yesterday I decided to give him panacur. Yes, I'm trying anything to get his stool somewhat normal and back to twice a day. Since July he has been going (very little amounts) upwards of 10 times a day, it is heartbreaking to see him struggle, wanting to "go" but it is just small dribbles of liquid. So many meds have been used and nothing has helped it. So, I'm reaching for anything i know is used for soft poo issues. I did consult with our vet on this back in August, he said go ahead and try it won't hurt or interfere with anything he is currently taking. We were hesitant due to so many pills that we opted to not give until he was off the pred. So, 9/23 I gave him the first dose of panacur, which you give for three days.... guess who had a formed poo this morning!!!!!!!! if I had my phone with me I would have taken a picture :ROFLMAO: . I gave second dose today so we will see how he progress or regresses. If we have formed stool all three days, I will call out vet on Monday to talk about a continued treatment cause I don't want to stop if it helps, but also don't want to over do it either.

A few things to note, as Lewis and I talk and still wonder, "what did we miss?" some things came to mind, now they may not be symptoms, but to us, in hindsight they were signs. Each of these alone are no big deal, but when looking back and connecting dots, we had signs but didn't connect them. Not sure it makes a difference, but when you have the gift of hindsight things seem like they were missed
  • November 2021 - started peeing twice with each potty. Uranalysis was done and no infection was found, yes, I keep all vet paperwork and went though the file to see when that started.
  • Sleeping VERY hard and difficult to wake up - this we blamed on allergies.
  • Slow to go up/down stairs - this we blamed on heat and allergies. Both Mush and Lewis were getting butts kicked this year and we were blaming allergies for everything. We actually stated carrying hi up/down sometimes because he would just sit at top/bottom of stairs.
  • Not finishing his weekly marrow bone - normally he would not stop working on it till that bone was CLEAN. We noticed in May/June he started leaving half of it and heavily panting when he stopped. Again, we blamed the excessive heat and allergies.
Next treatment is on Friday 9/30 .
Oh I am so sorry to be reading this thread! I am only in and out of the forums these days. I wanted you know that you have my prayers and big bully hugs!!!!!

Sue and Joey

OP
2BullyMama

2BullyMama

Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
I'm not sure I/we would have associated those symptoms with anything serious either. Try not to over think this. It's natural to try to look back and wonder how this all started...what you might have missed, what you could have done differently. IMO, there's nothing you could have done differently to get ahead of this. Focus on what's ahead of you right now and leave everything else in the rear-view. GL with the next treatment! Hugs to all!
Yes, I agree and thank you :) I'm really just documenting to help others in the future catch for signs of illness in order to catch whatever it may be early enough to treat, even if it is something minor.

buffym

Apr 30, 2013
Allen Park, Michigan
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Sophie, Dually (Forever in my Heart)
Im so sorry you and Lambeau are going through this. We just went through this with our boxer. Honestly, there were no signs either. He was acting normal but I did feel a lump on his neck. Took him to the vet and they said all his lymph nodes were swollen. We opted not to do any type of chemo on him but started him on prednisone. I also started him on a cancer protocol of benadryl and tagmet 3 times a day and yogurt at night. I believe this gave him more time and helped to keep him comfortable. He was diagnosed in April and passed at the end of August.

Last edited:

Staff online

Members online