KIng Bogey has arrived!

mer55

Community Veteran
Nov 16, 2012
Venice, FL.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jackson, Bogey (granddog) Ruger (granddog)
:clap2:Hi everyone! Although I have been on this site for about 3 weeks, our little bundle of fur came home today! We just love him! So I guess this is his "formal" introduction! Bogart- we will call him Bogey!! He seems very laid back as the breeder said he was! He is attached to Both of us at the hip!! One question about the crate. I put him in it while we tried to eat dinner, and despite the toys and treats in there, he HOWLED! I waited til he calmed down, and then took him out. Then, he fell asleep in there after dinner,so I think we will be ok. However, I know you should not take them out when they are fussing, but what about during the night when he most likely will have to go potty? Obviously if he wakes me crying, I will have to take him out. Any input or suggestions? I think I might be in for a long night!!:yes: image.jpgimage.jpg

LariP

Aug 4, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
(HRH) Her Royal Highness Princess Gracie & Princess Amelia Pond (Amy)
Awww :welcome: Bogey!
What a doll!

Its been a long time since I trained a puppy so I really can't help with the training questions. But I'm sure someone will be along soon who can.

DesertBum

Sep 11, 2012
Tucson, AZ
Bulldog(s) Names
Xena
Welcome home Bogey! He is adorabull :)

Yes, you may be in a couple of long evenings, but he will catch on pretty fast. Xena sleeps through the night now (most of the time), she will be 4 months old next week. Don't give him liquids for a couple of hours before bed time will help.

Just think of your late night/early morning outings as more bonding time :walk:

Sherry

Jan 15, 2011
Denver PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jack , Dolly, Grizz, Peggy Sue, and Scrimps
put a shirt or something that smells like you in the crate with him tonight. he'll smell you and will not feel so all alone

bulldogs4me

Crazy Bulldog Lady
Community Veteran
Sep 25, 2012
Texas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Klava
Oh Yay :clap2:!!! :welcome3: Home Bogey!!!! I would set a potty schedule with him for the first week or two as he does well (no accidents) extend the time until you have him sleeping through the night and no accidents in the house ... it takes a lot of patience and consistency but Bogey will catch on! Congratulations, I'm so happy for you that he is finally home!!

porkysmamma

Jun 21, 2012
Warrensburg, New York
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Porkchop aka Porky
Omg welcome bogey ;) Now keep in mind I didn't have a job when we got porky and we were veryyyyyyyyy nieave lol idk if that's spelt right buttttt she wasn't in a crate either so every 2 hours I got up n took her out for the first 2 weeks then every 3 hours for 2 weeks then 4 etc until she made it through the night :) it was a pain in the a$$ n may have been overkill buttt she was potty trained (no accidents) at 4 months n was also then allowed to sleep in bed with us at that point (bigggg mistake she's a bed hog lol)

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
Bogey is a cutie alright, and he will get used to his crate, it just takes time and patients. I am looking forward on seeing more pics of him and watching him grow.

LaurenA

Nov 17, 2011
Elgin, Illinois
Bulldog(s) Names
Rook
Welcome home Bogey! What an adorable bundle of wrinkles.
When Rook came home, I set the alarm and got up every few hours for his potty breaks. The key to potty training is knowing he has to go before he does. The older he got, the longer he could go with less breaks during the night. It's a bit tiresome, but it goes by fast! Good luck!

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
YEAH!!! Congrats!!

:jump: :jump:

Texas Carol

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven
:clap2:Hi everyone! Although I have been on this site for about 3 weeks, our little bundle of fur came home today! We just love him! So I guess this is his "formal" introduction! Bogart- we will call him Bogey!!

Oh my gosh, all puppies are cute especially bully puppies
:drawheart2: ...your Bogey is exceptionally cute!

The very best Christmas present too, Merry Christmas, y'all and 'Welcome to EBN', it's the very best site
for all things bully, our members are awesome people, smart, loving, kind, giving...just 'good people'.

Please kiss Bogey on his perfect 'kissy spot' from Texas Carol and Brutus
:Muah:

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
:dancing: He is sooo precious! Amazing how fast they grab your heart..isn't it! You are in for such a special ride..Enjoy it..all of it. Even the howling! :eek:

I am going to give you a link to an online dog magazine that I used all the time when Jake was new..This is directly to hlping get a pup used to a crate. Explore it though..because they have tons of great tips. I used it constantly when Jake was new!!

http://www.canismajor.com/dog/crate2.html#Cry

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
Hi my name is Monica, and I joined this site in Oct. I have 2 EB puppies, they are brother and sister, and they are 9 months old. Their names are Bulldozer and Blossom. Welcome to EBN, and congratulations on Bogey coming home. You must be so excited and happy. He is so cute. I've been watching and reading your threads, and now he's finally home. I have been through the training with myb2 puppies, it took about 5 months to get them totally trained. The 2 best things you can do is crate train him, and have a schedule. I just posted a couple of days ago the schedule I used to train my puppies on The Puppy Group. Good luck and enjoy your baby

linwhite

Sep 24, 2012
Tallahassee, FL
Bulldog(s) Names
Guido Zamboni - EB, Zoltan - Shortybull, Zeva - Frenchie
If he doesn't like sleeping alone they sell stuffies that will emit a heartbeat to quiet them or you can put a clock that ticks in with him. Maybe stick it inside a crocodile stuffie. LOL

BarkingStella

Oct 16, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Peggy ,Stella ,Gabby
I have been checking all day Tito see if he was home yet! Love the name , I had a Bogie for 14 years! Congrats, I know you love him.

BarkingStella

Oct 16, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Peggy ,Stella ,Gabby
Don't know where "Tito" came from!?! Auto correct or a Jackson 5 moment?

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online