cheri braithwaite

Jun 2, 2015
Country
united states
Bulldog(s) Names
killian / sasha
Hello everyone.I've had killian since June.he is rescue.we went to vet Saturday.he has a large hard place on tip of ear.we received meds for terrible ear infection. The smell is horrible.:(. Also on the back legs some small sores are there.by his tail and losing more hair off his back.what's good for that. Need help for these things.doctors gave antibiotics said he has lots of infection inside.the back legs we're this way when I got him.not sure where sores are popping up from.back to doctor in two weeks.on cipro for two weeks eyes have heavy heavy goop.I wash them several times a day. Two new meds for that. Please help me?

Petra

Jan 8, 2013
Naboomspruit, South Africa.
Country
Sweden
Bulldog(s) Names
Boeboe, Bennie Boy and Joey
Re: killian Mom

Hi [MENTION=14292]cheri braithwaite[/MENTION] so sorry you're having so many problems with Killian :( thank you for rescuing him <3 Does he come from a rescue or is he a private rescue? Normally the rescue makes sure the dogs are healthy before adopting out. if he's from a rescue I'd contact them and ask them, they should know what is going on with him since you basically just got him.

The skin issues can be many things... could you take a picture maybe? The vet can do a skin scrape, that should show exactly what it is.

How old is Killian? Sometimes dogs can develop eye issues with age, it could be Entropion, it's when hairs are growing where they shouldn't and they scratch the eyes... The vet can check that and you could probably see it yourself even if Killian would let you have a close look.

Maybe the antibiotics clears most of his issues up, lets hope it helps :)

Keep us posted

OP
cheri braithwaite

cheri braithwaite

Jun 2, 2015
Country
united states
Bulldog(s) Names
killian / sasha

Hi Lillian is 3 years old.he did come with meds.we have another appointment in 2weeks.
we gonna get through it.

OP
cheri braithwaite

cheri braithwaite

Jun 2, 2015
Country
united states
Bulldog(s) Names
killian / sasha

I'll keep you posted.need someone to talk to about my baby.thank you so much

Petra

Jan 8, 2013
Country
Sweden
Bulldog(s) Names

I'll keep you posted.need someone to talk to about my baby.thank you so much

You'll definitely get through it:yes: and I'm sure more ppl on here will pop in with advice very soon. Always here if you need support, just tag me using @ and my user name [MENTION=7710]Petra[/MENTION] and I'll get a notification:)

Petra

Jan 8, 2013
Country
Sweden
Bulldog(s) Names
I don't know if you've come across this already but these few easy things have helped my bulldogs with many issues so I wanted to share it with you.

Coconut oil - 2 tbsp a day

Plain yogurt - 2 tbsp a day

I would only start with a little and only with one thing at a time in case it doesn't agree with his tummy.

And if they have paw issues soaking them in Epsom salt dissolved in luke warm water has worked great for itchy paws or cysts between the toes:)

izstigspunks

Sep 16, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
The Stig Racecar Driver and (Sweet Angel) Punkin Brutus
One of the first things we ask is what food you're giving him. A good portion of bulldogs have some type of food allergy and it's essential to find the one that works for best for them.

As for the ear infection, seeing his ears are so bad, it's best to continue with the meds. We had to switch one of my guy's food and supplemented it with ear drops to clear the infection. He came to us with horrible skin and ears as well.

RiiSi

Community Veteran
Sep 30, 2011
Sysmä
Country
Finland
Bulldog(s) Names
Taisto, Kylli, Salli, Angel-Usko and Angel-Voitto
So sorry for your baby. Food is the main culprit usually for many problems, so what is it that you're feeding him? Also now that he's on antibiotics it's very important to give him probiotics too. Antibiotics will kill the bad bacteria, but it will also kill the good, leaving more room for the ugly buggers if the main reason for his problems isn't found and dealt with.

mackbob

Sep 1, 2014
Los Angeles, CA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Bob (Bobman)
Hello everyone.I've had killian since June.he is rescue.we went to vet Saturday.he has a large hard place on tip of ear.we received meds for terrible ear infection. The smell is horrible.:(. Also on the back legs some small sores are there.by his tail and losing more hair off his back.what's good for that. Need help for these things.doctors gave antibiotics said he has lots of infection inside.the back legs we're this way when I got him.not sure where sores are popping up from.back to doctor in two weeks.on cipro for two weeks eyes have heavy heavy goop.I wash them several times a day. Two new meds for that. Please help me?

Cheri, he is allergic to someone he is eating 100%. Sores, ears, paws are all food related. Sores sound like folliculitis. I would get some antibacterial topicals on him Asap. I would immediately stop giving him whatever you are and start feeding him something home cooked and put him on probiotics ESPECIALLY lactobacillus plantarum - thats the strain that will fight of yeast and staph.

Also please check out this site for a bunch of info and recipes. The PetStaurant - Organic Dog and Cat food and Wellness Company Road Dogs which is a huge bully rescue here in LA sends all her really sick bulldogs there with terrible skin issues and they all heal. But the site is just as informational on what to feed and do etc. x

There are recipes there.

Biogirl71

Nov 5, 2010
Cedar Rapids, IA
Bulldog(s) Names
Frank
Others have chimed in with great advice. Thank you so much for bringing a rescue into your home - he is lucky to have someone who cares about him so much!

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
I agree it's all in the food and the ears are the worst. Petra is right on with the probiotic advice, without yogurt our Buster would be a big ball of wax. I really hope you can find him some relief.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
I read your profile..... and see you are feeding Buffalo Blue grain free Lamb.... try a different protein, grain free beef or salmon. It will take about 3 weks to a monthto see any results, but I think the lamb may be too much for him

brutus77

Skinny-Dippin' Smokin' Tidy Bowl Bionic Woman
Jul 18, 2013
Long Island NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus, Frankie, and Jack
I agree with @2BullyMama, my boy Brutus has very bad allergies and I give him a novel protien of Duck. you can google novel protiens, they are fantastic for dogs with allergies. I feed this and it is great so far.
75650._AC_SS65_V1442585085_.jpg
Blue Buffalo Basics grain free duck and potato

Ftse 100

Bully lov'in wonder from down under
Mar 25, 2012
Qld Australia
Country
Australia
Bulldog(s) Names
Ftse
Thank you for taking in a rescue to love.

FTSE had terrible ear infections until we found out which food was upsetting him he was having reactions to beef and chicken we changed his kibble and meat to lamb and has been good now for about eighteen months

ChrisRN

Flip'n'bullies stole my heart!
Jan 10, 2013
Muskegon, Michigan, United States
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Mabel (20??-2017) Ariel
Thank you so much for giving this beautiful boy a home! I love his name. You have already gotten some good advice on here, but I will reinforce what everyone is saying about food. It can definitely be the big culprit. Please keep us informed about how he is doing. You are doing a great job with him!

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.