Keeping them warm

yankydoodle

Nov 28, 2016
Country
South Africa
Bulldog(s) Names
princess, kleintjie
Hi folks,
My two children and I are relocating to a town in the future, which can reach minus temperatures. They've experienced cold days for sure, but never that cold. It's in another part of the country.
They are 7 and 8, going on 8 and 9.

I'm relocating as I'm starting a new life

That being said, what can I do to keep them warm, especially during minus temperature days ? I'm prepared to get an air conditioner and set it on warm. Not really wanting to get a heater, since that's bad for them.

Any advice would be priceless
Thank you

OP
yankydoodle

yankydoodle

Nov 28, 2016
Country
South Africa
Bulldog(s) Names
princess, kleintjie
Anybody?
Would really appreciate some advice.
Thank you.

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
Anybody?
Would really appreciate some advice.
Thank you.
They are 7 and 8, going on 8 and 9……You talking about the kids or dogs?

Our winters can get to -45cel. 🥶

In a nutshell, dogs n even children needs a good winter jacket. When it’s over -25cel I never have walked any of my bullies even with their winter jackets on. Body stays warm but not the paws. They go out for their business in back In immediately. I can even tell you I had to carry them a few times to the house cause sometimes dogs can be slow to decide to go do their business. My German Shepherd I had/have can take the cold.

Children well like any cold countries, winter jackets n especially good pair of boots which you probably already know.

OP
yankydoodle

yankydoodle

Nov 28, 2016
Country
South Africa
Bulldog(s) Names
princess, kleintjie
They are 7 and 8, going on 8 and 9……You talking about the kids or dogs?

Our winters can get to -45cel. 🥶

In a nutshell, dogs n even children needs a good winter jacket. When it’s over -25cel I never have walked any of my bullies even with their winter jackets on. Body stays warm but not the paws. They go out for their business in back In immediately. I can even tell you I had to carry them a few times to the house cause sometimes dogs can be slow to decide to go do their business. My German Shepherd I had/have can take the cold.

Children well like any cold countries, winter jackets n especially good pair of boots which you probably already know.

Much appreciated. And yes, I am talking about dogs. :)

rjisaterp

Community Veteran
Apr 18, 2014
Somewhere in the Universe. Really Maryland.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Cooper, Jewel (April 27, 2013-May 7, 2022-RIPDaddy's Girl) and (Bentley Oct 2013-Dec 2021)
We wish you well health on your startover. Too cold for me. My knee is aching just thinking about the colder weather. Please keep us posted

OP
yankydoodle

yankydoodle

Nov 28, 2016
Country
South Africa
Bulldog(s) Names
princess, kleintjie
We wish you well health on your startover. Too cold for me. My knee is aching just thinking about the colder weather. Please keep us posted
Very kind. Thank you. And I will.

Bulldog2001

May 5, 2022
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
None yet
Hi folks,
My two children and I are relocating to a town in the future, which can reach minus temperatures. They've experienced cold days for sure, but never that cold. It's in another part of the country.
They are 7 and 8, going on 8 and 9.

I'm relocating as I'm starting a new life

That being said, what can I do to keep them warm, especially during minus temperature days ? I'm prepared to get an air conditioner and set it on warm. Not really wanting to get a heater, since that's bad for them.

Any advice would be priceless
Thank you

Definitely recommend getting the dogs a warm jacket, and you can get dog boots/socks as well to keep the paws warm.

My French Bulldog I put a sweater on when it’s a little cold, if I walk him and it’s around 0 or a little warmer, then I put a very thick warm jacket, boots, hat on him even just to go in the yard to potty.

I do have AC and heating in the home so I can keep it warm during cold weather and AC to keep them cool during hot weather.

OP
yankydoodle

yankydoodle

Nov 28, 2016
Country
South Africa
Bulldog(s) Names
princess, kleintjie
Definitely recommend getting the dogs a warm jacket, and you can get dog boots/socks as well to keep the paws warm.

My French Bulldog I put a sweater on when it’s a little cold, if I walk him and it’s around 0 or a little warmer, then I put a very thick warm jacket, boots, hat on him even just to go in the yard to potty.

I do have AC and heating in the home so I can keep it warm during cold weather and AC to keep them cool during hot weather.

Thank you very much for this message. Appreciate your thoughts.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.