Just been neutered...

Jimi76

Jul 28, 2022
Country
United Kingdom
Bulldog(s) Names
Bazza
Hi all

I have 7 month old male and he got neutered last week.

Since then his behaviour has become erratic. He is more mischievous, energetic and he seems to just want to "hump" everyone in the house or who visits?

Is this normal or is it a hormone thing and he will settle down? He is becoming quite hard work at the moment trying to manage and I would appreciate any feedback from those who have been there.

Thank you

Bulldog2001

May 5, 2022
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
None yet
Hi all

I have 7 month old male and he got neutered last week.

Since then his behaviour has become erratic. He is more mischievous, energetic and he seems to just want to "hump" everyone in the house or who visits?

Is this normal or is it a hormone thing and he will settle down? He is becoming quite hard work at the moment trying to manage and I would appreciate any feedback from those who have been there.

Thank you

It can take around 2 weeks to fully get the “hormones” out of him after being neutered.

Once they are neutered, it won’t change the behaviour immediately or overnight, it takes about 2 weeks sometimes 3 weeks depending on the dog.

Also when he tried to hump, tell him “NO” in a different tone, and then ask him to sit or ask him to go lay down, something to get him from wanting to go back to humping.
That can also be him trying to tell you he is the boss or alpha, and be dominant to everyone in the house.

He needs to know he is NOT boss and YOU are the boss/alpha not him. So when you feed him for example, ask him to sit and wait until you say he can go eat.
Teach him “nothing in life is free” until he knows he needs to listen to you and humping you and guests is NOT allowed.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
It can take around 2 weeks to fully get the “hormones” out of him after being neutered.

Once they are neutered, it won’t change the behaviour immediately or overnight, it takes about 2 weeks sometimes 3 weeks depending on the dog.

Also when he tried to hump, tell him “NO” in a different tone, and then ask him to sit or ask him to go lay down, something to get him from wanting to go back to humping.
That can also be him trying to tell you he is the boss or alpha, and be dominant to everyone in the house.

He needs to know he is NOT boss and YOU are the boss/alpha not him. So when you feed him for example, ask him to sit and wait until you say he can go eat.
Teach him “nothing in life is free” until he knows he needs to listen to you and humping you and guests is NOT allowed.
Agreed ^^^^^^^^

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.