Joint Supplements/Pain Remedies

bulliesonthebluff

May 10, 2019
California
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
Millie, Stella, Harper
Looking for recommendations for a liquid joint/hip supplement and remedy for pain management.

My 8 year old girl is really struggling with walking and getting up. Her x-ray showed how bad her hips really are with arthritis...causing her to have basically no hip sockets. We plowed through the carprofen the vet prescribed without any change or relief.

Any input is greatly appreciated!

Attachments

• IMG_6125.jpg
    IMG_6125.jpg
    457.8 KB · Views: 156

jsygrls

Jul 17, 2020
Port Orange Florida
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Charles Barkley aka "Bubba"
So my 5 year old HAD trouble getting out of bed and walked with a limp (left side only) and didn't run well. The VET said arthritis was present and put him on a supplement (Cosequin). The vet also stated if this doesn't work in 30 days it probably won't work. Well Thirty days no change. A dog owner friend recommended trying Doggie Dailys ( photo's attached). After 20 days I began to see a slight improvement, after 40 days my boy was back to 100%. I am elated, so happy seeing my guys quality of life drastically improved. BTW, this is not a liquid , its the size of a medium kibble. I started with two each meal twice a day and now that he" s better 1 with each meal. Good luck to you and your gal.

20211128_114024.jpg

Attachments

• 20211128_114034.jpg
    20211128_114034.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 163

jsygrls

Jul 17, 2020
Port Orange Florida
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Charles Barkley aka "Bubba"
Looking for recommendations for a liquid joint/hip supplement and remedy for pain management.

My 8 year old girl is really struggling with walking and getting up. Her x-ray showed how bad her hips really are with arthritis...causing her to have basically no hip sockets. We plowed through the carprofen the vet prescribed without any change or relief.

berlin78

Jun 23, 2017
WA State
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
Sophie & Chloe (Bella RIP 2019)

We use CBD, hyaluronic acid, Glucosamine/MSM for Sophie.

OP
B

bulliesonthebluff

May 10, 2019
California
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
Millie, Stella, Harper
So my 5 year old HAD trouble getting out of bed and walked with a limp (left side only) and didn't run well. The VET said arthritis was present and put him on a supplement (Cosequin). The vet also stated if this doesn't work in 30 days it probably won't work. Well Thirty days no change. A dog owner friend recommended trying Doggie Dailys ( photo's attached). After 20 days I began to see a slight improvement, after 40 days my boy was back to 100%. I am elated, so happy seeing my guys quality of life drastically improved. BTW, this is not a liquid , its the size of a medium kibble. I started with two each meal twice a day and now that he" s better 1 with each meal. Good luck to you and your gal.

View attachment 122098

Thank you so much!!! I will definitely be ordering some!

oscarmayer

Have Bulldog Will Travel
Staff member
Jan 20, 2016
VA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Lala, Chesty, Winky, Waggles, Moose, and rescue MoJo
If what JGs has recommended doesn't work well enough, you can also try Super Snouts Hemp and Joint. It worked wonders for our boy, Dozer. He was so lame we thought we would have to put him down. He has neurological issues exacerbated by inflammation. Five chews in and he was like a new dog. He gets it every day now and the difference is remarkable.
https://supersnoutshempcompany.com/...oint-60ct-broad-spectrum-mobility-hemp-chews/

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
The gang gave you great options, you just have to try and find what works best for your baby. best of luck and please keep us posted

Epc2188

Jun 27, 2020
Country
Us
Bulldog(s) Names
Watson
My guys been on dosequin and omega 3 fish oil pills since he was a pup as a preventative measure…xrays show bad hip dysplasia but you cant tell by his walk or run..i like to think the supplements are working

wendymcg

Jul 22, 2017
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
angus

our boy angus had hip surgery a couple of years ago where they removed the ball of the joint... he did wonderful really quickly... it wasn’t as bad as i anticipated. we have since put him on the purina pro plan senior food even though he’s only 6 (i guess that is senior for bullies) we anticipate that he may eventually need the other hip done.
i hope your bully is feeling better soon!

Attachments

• 27C8F3D3-E42E-4728-9D4E-AC9791D02930.jpeg
    27C8F3D3-E42E-4728-9D4E-AC9791D02930.jpeg
    375.8 KB · Views: 131
  • 20625CD8-1D56-42FC-8982-7E49A505487D.jpeg
    20625CD8-1D56-42FC-8982-7E49A505487D.jpeg
    784.5 KB · Views: 127
  • 3FEE964C-F4A2-4A00-9BEB-6222CD2F961B.jpeg
    3FEE964C-F4A2-4A00-9BEB-6222CD2F961B.jpeg
    73.8 KB · Views: 121
  • 24745E0E-FE51-4CAA-A7D6-21BBE888ED2E.jpeg
    24745E0E-FE51-4CAA-A7D6-21BBE888ED2E.jpeg
    145.3 KB · Views: 132
  • 7DCE0EC6-AA34-4094-8D61-C01C51F4F447.jpeg
    7DCE0EC6-AA34-4094-8D61-C01C51F4F447.jpeg
    628.4 KB · Views: 139

Cgrove60

Dec 10, 2013
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Eleanor

Green Lippid Muscle is really good for inflammation and joint pain. I bought powder off Amazon and you only need a small amount. It’s called Azestfor Anti-inflammatory green lippid muscle for dogs. Also if you have Facebook a group called Holistic Help for Pets can recommend a lot of holistic options and supplements. They may recommend raw diet, epsom sale/baking soda soaks which really help and 3 day rutabaga cleanse. If you cannot find fresh rutabaga you can get canned rutabaga off Amazon. These are some things they also recommend: Ester C 1000mg. Slippery Elm made into gravy ordered from Starwest Botanicals in 1lb powder. Kefir. You would have to read other posts on that FB group for more ideas. Best of luck and hope your baby feels better soon. My bulldog has luxating patella and bad knees 😪

Attachments

• 09B92710-ADE9-4753-8C3E-BED5140CCB3B.jpeg
    09B92710-ADE9-4753-8C3E-BED5140CCB3B.jpeg
    246.6 KB · Views: 128

Blizkampo

Apr 26, 2013
New Jersey
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Bazooka ( Marla, Blizzard)

We tried Carpovet and Gabapentin. Just recently we started using CBD oil and we see a huge difference

Roxy sweetie

Sep 18, 2014
Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Roxy

I have the same issue with Roxy , almost 11 year next May. But I would recommend, so far I saw improvement with (natural dog company brand) Multivitamin organic ingredients duck & sweet potato for heart, skin and coat, vision, immune system , hip and joint. Also vitamin E 67 mg solgar brand (human ).
I was checking Flexadin with collagen have great reviews.

Members online

No members online now.