Jewel's Trip To The ER

sisters3

Oct 29, 2015
Pennsylvania
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
My Girl Joey
January 28, 2022-Jewel is home. On pain med...Fentanyl patch, antibiotics, and a drain. She is very alert and active and she is famished as we are giving her poached chicken breast.

She reminds me of becoming one with the Borg Collective...Resistance is futile. See below.

Attachments 20220128_110434.jpg

So happy that she’s home and recovering! Healing really begins at home I believe. I’ll be watching for updates. BIG bully hugs from Joey and I, our prayers continue! Also thank God no one injured in the accident!

Sue and Joey

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
When it rains it pours. Geez But hey, everyone is ok! That’s a great sign 🙂…. Definitely post updates. Big hugs to all.

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
Good grief... I'm happy to see that Jewel is home & recovering. Maybe you need to just stay in the house... I got t-boned by an uninsured driver back in May. I was sitting at a red light, and she was making a turn in the rain OF COURSE driving too fast for conditions. My guardian angels were on it, the fireman had to open the door for me to exit my car... luckily my only injuries were whiplash and anger!!! :LOL: I feel like people are just on edge right now, and their ability to function normally is failing miserably. Meanwhile the rest of us suffer the consequences...

oscarmayer

Have Bulldog Will Travel
Staff member
Jan 20, 2016
VA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Lala, Chesty, Winky, Waggles, Moose, and rescue MoJo
Thank you Chip.

Is there a Bulldog "Stock" being held anytime soon...April like a few years back before this Covid crap hit?
Bulldog stock? Please enlighten me.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Sending tons of healing prayers for your beautiful sweet Jewelie girl…. Hugs to you and the wife too

oscarmayer

Have Bulldog Will Travel
Staff member
Jan 20, 2016
VA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Lala, Chesty, Winky, Waggles, Moose, and rescue MoJo
At Pimlico and sponsored by a vet establishment in Hunt Valley I believe. The function where we met
Oh...yeah...that! We were all prepared to go in October 2020 and it got cancelled. I don't recall hearing anything about 2021. We were away fishing most of October anyway...but I think it was not held. Covid has ruined all of our fund-raising events for the past 2 years. Consequently, we have only rescued a few dogs...less than 10. Hard to believe that we took in as many as 60/year at one time. Crazy!
If I hear of any nearby event, I'll post up here. The only one I can think of that will likely be a go, is the Seawitch Festival in Rehoboth Beach, DE. We went last year but not with the foundation and did not participate in any fundraising...got to enjoy the festivities for a change.

OP
rjisaterp

rjisaterp

Community Veteran
Apr 18, 2014
Somewhere in the Universe. Really Maryland.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Cooper, Jewel (April 27, 2013-May 7, 2022-RIPDaddy's Girl) and (Bentley Oct 2013-Dec 2021)
Oh...yeah...that! We were all prepared to go in October 2020 and it got cancelled. I don't recall hearing anything about 2021. We were away fishing most of October anyway...but I think it was not held. Covid has ruined all of our fund-raising events for the past 2 years. Consequently, we have only rescued a few dogs...less than 10. Hard to believe that we took in as many as 60/year at one time. Crazy!
If I hear of any nearby event, I'll post up here. The only one I can think of that will likely be a go, is the Seawitch Festival in Rehoboth Beach, DE. We went last year but not with the foundation and did not participate in any fundraising...got to enjoy the festivities for a change.
Yes keep us posted. I hope it is a weekend that the big guy is not visiting.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.