Jake doesn’t do stairs

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
When I got Jake he was 2.5yrs old. He was born outside n raised outside. He never did stairs. My house, to go in the backyard you have 4steps. Took months yes months for him to understand how to get up there. Still hesitant. Went to my son’s new acreage for Mother’s Day. We all brought our dogs. Jake of course barely does 4steps let alone 6-8 lol. Well he showed us he wasn’t theater dumb but a smart cookie. On the left hand side of the back house, there’s like a little hill going to the deck, the right side are steps. Jake looks, studies what to do. Took a whole 15seconds. I can see his body language figuring out….how I’m I going to go up there..

Smart cookie investigates both side n took the little hill to the left.

Left side (hill)
59E8B34E-7DBB-4F9D-B470-89BD001A00F5.jpeg

Right side (steps)
A6D6C775-8994-4580-8A4A-3FB86CC47661.jpeg

Heading for left side hill loll
0861A1CF-F7B5-499A-9C13-20D0AB18287C.jpeg

Far end of the deck where he came up from…
C1BD4724-AAEC-4017-9877-83A6E7E47466.jpeg

8F1ECF1E-8E12-4C94-AD1C-D3147165C428.jpeg4B9DB002-1314-415B-B59C-3B42D72408F3.jpeg

thett

Nov 7, 2018
MI
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Stella, Harvey
Haha! Jake is one smart cookie, you can totally see on his face!
What great pictures and what a beautiful home!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
Walter hates stairs too... the only he will use are the two going to the backyard for potty!!!

OP
helsonwheels

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Haha! Jake is one smart cookie, you can totally see on his face!
What great pictures and what a beautiful home!!

He had a much bigger acreage with a massive house he built 5ish yrs ago n just sold it as it was basically for a resale to make a profit. He moved on the weekend. He got all his crew guys to move n I helped too. Man I was sore next day. My youngest will put his house up for sale n take one of mine so he can be closer to his work n his brother. Now I’ll be putting up my house for sale n also by an acreage closer to both of them. I’ve decided not to move back home n stay where my kids are. Time to grow my own veggie garden in a much bigger size, have chickens n start a little business selling veggies n eggs. Italian farm girl here I come :girlwacko:

thett

Nov 7, 2018
MI
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Stella, Harvey
He had a much bigger acreage with a massive house he built 5ish yrs ago n just sold it as it was basically for a resale to make a profit. He moved on the weekend. He got all his crew guys to move n I helped too. Man I was sore next day. My youngest will put his house up for sale n take one of mine so he can be closer to his work n his brother. Now I’ll be putting up my house for sale n also by an acreage closer to both of them. I’ve decided not to move back home n stay where my kids are. Time to grow my own veggie garden in a much bigger size, have chickens n start a little business selling veggies n eggs. Italian farm girl here I come :girlwacko:

That sounds absolutely amazing!!! Too bad I’m not closer! I’d buy your eggs and veggies[emoji4] and oh how I would love to love on those horsies[emoji3590]

sisters3

Oct 29, 2015
Pennsylvania
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
My Girl Joey

Your plan sounds soooooooooooooo awesome!!!! Helene, with your knowledge on gardening I certainly hope you will SHIP to me when you start your business :)

OP
helsonwheels

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Your plan sounds soooooooooooooo awesome!!!! Helene, with your knowledge on gardening I certainly hope you will SHIP to me when you start your business :)

Would love to but I’m sure it will be stopped at the border. :(

OP
helsonwheels

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
That sounds absolutely amazing!!! Too bad I’m not closer! I’d buy your eggs and veggies[emoji4] and oh how I would love to love on those horsies[emoji3590]

Those horses are massive.. Clydesdales but they’re females so smaller. You sit on them n your legs are straight out n not down lol. Jake saw them for the first time n kept staring from far. Like you could read his mind. “WTH is that”. The previous owners had a few sheeps so the whole wooden fence there’s another 4sq” metal fence attached to it so it’s electric. I know Jake will go put his nose where it doesn’t belong. Guaranteed he won’t go back near that fence though.

thett

Nov 7, 2018
MI
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Stella, Harvey
Those horses are massive.. Clydesdales but they’re females so smaller. You sit on them n your legs are straight out n not down lol. Jake saw them for the first time n kept staring from far. Like you could read his mind. “WTH is that”. The previous owners had a few sheeps so the whole wooden fence there’s another 4sq” metal fence attached to it so it’s electric. I know Jake will go put his nose where it doesn’t belong. Guaranteed he won’t go back near that fence though.

Oh boy, I sure hope Jake doesn’t get that curious!!!

Zedsded

Mar 30, 2015
Country
Uk
Bulldog(s) Names
Dudley (2015-2020) Wesley 2021
There not as daft as they look (which is quite daft :D)

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
New home look wonderful…. All that space.

your boy is a smart cookie

Members online

No members online now.