Jacksons tail/hip

mer55

Community Veteran
Nov 16, 2012
Venice, FL.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jackson, Bogey (granddog) Ruger (granddog)
Hi all!! We have been MIA for awhile, life just gets in the way! Trying to catch up!!!
Jackson is now 2! He is so good, loving and bulldog obedient ( you know what I mean)! His last dilemma was lunging at trucks and cars, to which we got a jowl harness, and although that helped for awhile, he became VERY leash aggressive to people, and especially dogs. He was almost not controllable. It got so bad, I couldn't walk him when others were out with dogs. I called in a dog behaviorist and she was a miracle worker! Bottom line, with treats, NO jowl harness ( she feels that made the situation worse)and a simple Pet Correcter( a can of compressed air), he is a different dog! He is no longer lunging at anything! He sits if a dog passes by and only if given a signal, can he go greet. Otherwise, he sits til the dog passes. Humans can approach him, he is not allowed to approach them! Very happy with those results. Expensive but worth it! But onto new problems.
Jackson is exhibiting signs of hip dysplasia. Right leg weakness, no longer able to jump up on couch, limps occasionally, and sits with leg flared or tucked under. He has an appointment on Friday for xrays. Then I was looking up issues with corkscrew tails which he has a DEEP one! It is kept clean but I did read that some can cause arthritic changes in the spine. Certainly the x-ray will help to diagnose either but I am wondering if anyone out there has had dealings with either. He is so young ! I want to be well informed before our visit. About 6 months ago, he had an X-Ray for a respiratory problem( minor) and the vet noted some arthritic changes then but he was having no issues so we carried on.. Any input would be greatly appreciated!

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Hi all!! We have been MIA for awhile, life just gets in the way! Trying to catch up!!!
Jackson is now 2! He is so good, loving and bulldog obedient ( you know what I mean)! His last dilemma was lunging at trucks and cars, to which we got a jowl harness, and although that helped for awhile, he became VERY leash aggressive to people, and especially dogs. He was almost not controllable. It got so bad, I couldn't walk him when others were out with dogs. I called in a dog behaviorist and she was a miracle worker! Bottom line, with treats, NO jowl harness ( she feels that made the situation worse)and a simple Pet Correcter( a can of compressed air), he is a different dog! He is no longer lunging at anything! He sits if a dog passes by and only if given a signal, can he go greet. Otherwise, he sits til the dog passes. Humans can approach him, he is not allowed to approach them! Very happy with those results. Expensive but worth it! But onto new problems.
Jackson is exhibiting signs of hip dysplasia. Right leg weakness, no longer able to jump up on couch, limps occasionally, and sits with leg flared or tucked under. He has an appointment on Friday for xrays. Then I was looking up issues with corkscrew tails which he has a DEEP one! It is kept clean but I did read that some can cause arthritic changes in the spine. Certainly the x-ray will help to diagnose either but I am wondering if anyone out there has had dealings with either. He is so young ! I want to be well informed before our visit. About 6 months ago, he had an X-Ray for a respiratory problem( minor) and the vet noted some arthritic changes then but he was having no issues so we carried on.. Any input would be greatly appreciated!
Good to see you and great report on your little man!

@oscarmayer @Manydogs might have some insight

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
Great news! Welcome back :)

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.