brutus77

Skinny-Dippin' Smokin' Tidy Bowl Bionic Woman
Jul 18, 2013
Long Island NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus, Frankie, and Jack
So while I was making dinner jack and Brutus were playing. Nothing to rough as I keep an eye on him to make sure he doesn't get too worked up and I noticed jack looked like he wanted to heave so I got him outside but as we got out there he just collapsed and kind of arched his back made a choking sound and stopped breathing. As I was screaming his name, I some how had the presence on mind to do chest compressions on him and I shook him good and after a few seconds he came to. Of course I was alone, like 5 minutes later Gary came home. Jack was a bit slow moving for a few minutes and I sat with him until he got a whiff of his food and started whining to eat. The emergency vet said he most likely choked while he was gagging and vaso dialated, stop breathing for a few seconds which made him pass out. I nearly freakin died right on the spot. The vet also doesn't think this was related to his heart condition. I know I could lose my baby at any time, but he is only 11 months old, I am not prepared for this. Seeing him just fall over stiff, was the worst thing I have ever seen or experienced. I'm still a nervous wreck.....

MFrey2012

Feb 2, 2016
Eastern PA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ellie
How Scary!! - Many Prayers Rosalie to you and Jack, hope he recovers soon

Jersey

Community Veteran
May 19, 2013
South Carolina
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jersey
OMG Rosalie! Thank God you knew what to do! Life is so precious, I pray that you enjoy so much more time with your sweet boys. Sending prayers for healing sleep for all after such a dreadful scare. Much love and hugs, Susan and Jersey

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
[MENTION=9370]brutus77[/MENTION] Hope that was a one time episode for jack! I know how you must have panicked, but you did the right thing and may possibly have saved his life!
You are such a good Mama! :luv:

My Otis

Community Veteran
Sep 2, 2013
North Carolina
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Elmo
Praying for Your Sweet Jack. I Pray this never happens again and Jack will be fine. I bet it was scary.

sisters3

Oct 29, 2015
Pennsylvania
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
My Girl Joey
Oh !!!!! I could not imagine! Thank God you he'd the presence of mind to do compressions. Please let us know how he is today. Prayers!

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
So while I was making dinner jack and Brutus were playing. Nothing to rough as I keep an eye on him to make sure he doesn't get too worked up and I noticed jack looked like he wanted to heave so I got him outside but as we got out there he just collapsed and kind of arched his back made a choking sound and stopped breathing. As I was screaming his name, I some how had the presence on mind to do chest compressions on him and I shook him good and after a few seconds he came to. Of course I was alone, like 5 minutes later Gary came home. Jack was a bit slow moving for a few minutes and I sat with him until he got a whiff of his food and started whining to eat. The emergency vet said he most likely choked while he was gagging and vaso dialated, stop breathing for a few seconds which made him pass out. I nearly freakin died right on the spot. The vet also doesn't think this was related to his heart condition. I know I could lose my baby at any time, but he is only 11 months old, I am not prepared for this. Seeing him just fall over stiff, was the worst thing I have ever seen or experienced. I'm still a nervous wreck.....

Absolutely terrifying! How is he now? Hiw are you?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
brutus77

brutus77

Jul 18, 2013
Long Island NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
He is acting normal. He ate dinner last night and breakfast this morning. I'm a wreck though, every noise he makes sends me into a panic. I guess it will take some time to get over this. I'm just thankful he seems good and the happy little boy he usually is.

2BullyMama

Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
He is acting normal. He ate dinner last night and breakfast this morning. I'm a wreck though, every noise he makes sends me into a panic. I guess it will take some time to get over this. I'm just thankful he seems good and the happy little boy he usually is.

Were you able to sleep? Don't think i would have been able to at all

OP
brutus77

brutus77

Jul 18, 2013
Long Island NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Were you able to sleep? Don't think i would have been able to at all

I was but I don't sleep deep to begin with so I hear every sound they all make. I got up a few times to make sure he was ok, he slept peacefully all night

2BullyMama

Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
I was but I don't sleep deep to begin with so I hear every sound they all make. I got up a few times to make sure he was ok, he slept peacefully all night

Light sleeping sometimes has it's perks

cefe13

Sep 12, 2013
Country
Sweden
Bulldog(s) Names
Castor (2013-2021 RIP)
So sorry to hear you and Jack had to go through this - thank goodness you knew what to do. Best wishes to both of you.

Chunky White

Chunky's Chauffeur
Aug 13, 2015
Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chunky White
Wow that would scare the crap out of me. I hate that happened and hope Jack will be okay

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
Oh Rosalie, I'm so sorry you had such a scary experience with Jack, but so glad you knew what to do, and that he is okay.
I hope you don't have to go through this again, sending lots of hugs and prayers that this was a one time thing. I'd be a nervous wreck too, just happy he's okay.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.