OP
E

Epc2188

Jun 27, 2020
Country
Us
Bulldog(s) Names
Watson
Damn ok….any tips on how to clean it? Does it go away fast? What causes these? It popped up outta nowwhere

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Damn ok….any tips on how to clean it? Does it go away fast? What causes these? It popped up outta nowwhere

usually allergy/weaken immune system…. Add probiotics to his daily diet , I use raw goats milk, but raw sauerkraut, plain yogurt ( no additives) , or Herbsmiths micro flora are other options.

clean it.. ugh, what is the name of the stuff.. begins with a V??? @Manydogs knows it

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
You can use Vetericyn, or Nu-Stock, and Helene also recommends Bag Balm (the one with udder on label) You should keep all 3 on hand.

Cbrugs

Administrator
Community Veteran
Dec 9, 2016
Seattle, WA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
King Louie, Jax (French Bulldog), Ella Mae and Darla Rae
Hot spots can pop up out of nowhere and can spread fast. They can also happen from a scratch or bite. My two sometimes give them to each other after a rough play session.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
E

Epc2188

Jun 27, 2020
Country
Us
Bulldog(s) Names
Watson
I ordered some nustock but fir now just took a malaket wipe to it…he goes to vet on monday to get his stitches taken out from his entropion surgery so ill see what he says

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Hot spots can pop up out of nowhere and can spread fast. They can also happen from a scratch or bite. My two sometimes give them to each other after a rough play session.

i truly never knew that…

gobronco

Dec 16, 2011
San Jose, Ca
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Mila and Bruno
20210717_133547.jpg
This is what I use. Works fast and it works well for occasional use on the wrinkles.

Cbrugs

Administrator
Community Veteran
Dec 9, 2016
Seattle, WA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
King Louie, Jax (French Bulldog), Ella Mae and Darla Rae
i truly never knew that…

Louie never got them before. Him and Ella give them to each other from biting and scratching while playing.

oscarmayer

Have Bulldog Will Travel
Staff member
Jan 20, 2016
VA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Lala, Chesty, Winky, Waggles, Moose, and rescue MoJo
Hot spots are cause by rubbing and scratching an itchy area. They are almost always on an area of the face, neck, and torso that can be easily reached with a back foot. Sometimes dogs will rub their face or butt on something that is textured enough to provide itch relief.

A cone or "socked foot" may be necessary to prevent further scratching.

Zedsded

Mar 30, 2015
Country
Uk
Bulldog(s) Names
Dudley (2015-2020) Wesley 2021

Have to say we didn’t realise this could be a cause either! But we can definitely vouch for it now as Wesley has just got one on his neck (appeared overnight as usual) and this was the morning after he had been playing in the park with his favourite Labrador pal “Buddie”

They play so ruff! The pair of them just roll around on top of each other and constantly nipping at each others faces and necks :w00t:

They both absolutely love it, especially Wesley because its the only dog that he can play like a “bulldog” with :D but when he was finished he was soaking wet with drool and face and neck was pink through wrestling !

Next day hot spot! So annoying especially for Wesley because we are keeping him away from his pal for a while to let it settle.

thett

Nov 7, 2018
MI
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Stella, Harvey
I had no idea they could get them from rough play and slobbing all over each other. I’m wondering if that’s what’s on Harvey’s feet now. Stella has been feeling so much better and instigating play so much. She is constantly going after Harvey’s paws to take him down.

I hope Wesley s spot has gotten better. If so, what do you think did the trick?

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
I had no idea they could get them from rough play and slobbing all over each other. I’m wondering if that’s what’s on Harvey’s feet now. Stella has been feeling so much better and instigating play so much. She is constantly going after Harvey’s paws to take him down.

I hope Wesley s spot has gotten better. If so, what do you think did the trick?

Hotspots can be caused by yes rough playing, laying or sitting too long on same area constantly, licking but also a weak immune system. It’s that million dollar question….” It Can Be”

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.