URGENT!!! Is pumpkin puree for diahrrea or regulating?

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)

BullyBewitched

Mar 18, 2018
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Samantha
I found that sprinkling a probiotic over my Frenchy's food got rid of his emotional-upset diarrhea. Just a simple Lactobacillius like you would find at the pharmacy or grocers. One to two capsules is fine. It's also what some people give babies to help stop the same poop issue. Please make sure he's staying hydrated, tho - even if you have to use a dropper.

Also, I Found that using Pure Vita kibble was also helpful. You don't need to worry about transition because it is coated in probiotics, and doesn't cause upset with a quick switch. I like the Salmon and Peas for my pups.

OP
KingGeorgeTheBulldog
Mar 26, 2018
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
George King
How is the boy doing today?

Thanks for checking in... Day 8 still going every 1-5 hours, not liquid, but still very bad diarrhea. We've switched his food to Acana Lamb, still mixing it with his RC. Feeding him pumpkin daily, rice the past couple days, and a probiotic. Also changed his treats to freeze dried salmon instead of chicken. In case he developed a chicken allergy. Also stopped his meds the docs gave him.

Since he was a puppy he had on and off giardia but NEVER had diahrea or vomiting. So I'm hoping on Tuesday when we start the next round of Panicure, that helps?

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Thanks for checking in... Day 8 still going every 1-5 hours, not liquid, but still very bad diarrhea. We've switched his food to Acana Lamb, still mixing it with his RC. Feeding him pumpkin daily, rice the past couple days, and a probiotic. Also changed his treats to freeze dried salmon instead of chicken. In case he developed a chicken allergy. Also stopped his meds the docs gave him.

Since he was a puppy he had on and off giardia but NEVER had diahrea or vomiting. So I'm hoping on Tuesday when we start the next round of Panicure, that helps?

Giardia is a tough one to get rid of.... make sure you are cleaning and disinfecting everything that he poos on...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Most Reactions

Members online