Interdigit cyst and recurrent blood blisters

Lisag17

Apr 27, 2022
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
Nacho
Hi everyone, I have a one and a 1.5 year old EB, his name is Nacho. For the last six months he has struggled with recurrent blood blisters in between his digits and an interdigital cyst in between the toes on one foot. He has had surgery on this, and been on various antibiotics and steroid courses without getting any relief. I would like to know what your next step would be? Should I try natural remedies? If so, which and how often? Any help is appreciated. Thank you in advance.

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
Hi everyone, I have a one and a 1.5 year old EB, his name is Nacho. For the last six months he has struggled with recurrent blood blisters in between his digits and an interdigital cyst in between the toes on one foot. He has had surgery on this, and been on various antibiotics and steroid courses without getting any relief. I would like to know what your next step would be? Should I try natural remedies? If so, which and how often? Any help is appreciated. Thank you in advance.
My previous EB had them. Never used antibiotics either. I used Bag Balm n NuStock.Both 100% natural n works very well. These cyst comes n goes. Not dangerous at all either. But if you use antibiotics each time you’re going to ruin his immune system as I said they come n go often.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Epsom salts soaks help too

Cbrugs

Administrator
Community Veteran
Dec 9, 2016
Seattle, WA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
King Louie, Jax (French Bulldog), Ella Mae and Darla Rae
My female gets the cysts every now and then (usually from running around on the wet grass) and they usually dry up and go away pretty quickly with epsom salt soaks. Sometimes I will also spray the cyst with collodial silver and/or Vetericyn spray in between the soaks.

OP
L

Lisag17

Apr 27, 2022
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
Nacho
My previous EB had them. Never used antibiotics either. I used Bag Balm n NuStock.Both 100% natural n works very well. These cyst comes n goes. Not dangerous at all either. But if you use antibiotics each time you’re going to ruin his immune system as I said they come n go often.
Thank you for the response, I've come across similar advice on other threads. How often do you apply the nu stock/bag balm? I just bought some today.

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
Thank you for the response, I've come across similar advice on other threads. How often do you apply the nu stock/bag balm? I just bought some today.
I would put it on once, then put a sock on it, tape with electrical tape as my dog would take it off. I know…After 3days I removed it, the cyst looks wrinkle, I burned a needle to sterilize n pierce the cyst that’s already have shrunk, the blood would come out if any left n let it dry. If you’re using Bag balm you need to make sure it’s the can with udders on the can .

Attachments

• B6B3C63B-9D1C-491D-B8E2-661B1BCA5AD4.jpeg
    B6B3C63B-9D1C-491D-B8E2-661B1BCA5AD4.jpeg
    40.8 KB · Views: 84
OP
L

Lisag17

Apr 27, 2022
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
Nacho
I would put it on once, then put a sock on it, tape with electrical tape as my dog would take it off. I know…After 3days I removed it, the cyst looks wrinkle, I burned a needle to sterilize n pierce the cyst that’s already have shrunk, the blood would come out if any left n let it dry. If you’re using Bag balm you need to make sure it’s the can with udders on the can .
Got it, thank you

Kirventyr

Mar 6, 2021
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Cocoa
We’ve been using CBD oil topically for about 8 months now and it has made a huge difference. Where previously she had these cysts every month or more now she has only had one on her foot in six months! I apply it everyday when I clean out her folds.

Tyson55

Feb 11, 2022
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Tyson
We’ve been using CBD oil topically for about 8 months now and it has made a huge difference. Where previously she had these cysts every month or more now she has only had one on her foot in six months! I apply it everyday when I clean out her folds.
Can you screen shot picture of the product?

Tyson55

Feb 11, 2022
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Tyson
Does anyone know why cyst happens I feel like when I give him kibbles it comes on and off raw food no cyst I tried different kibbles but still cyst come back.

OP
L

Lisag17

Apr 27, 2022
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
Nacho
I just saw this, what product do you use? Still working?

Cbrugs

Administrator
Community Veteran
Dec 9, 2016
Seattle, WA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
King Louie, Jax (French Bulldog), Ella Mae and Darla Rae
Does anyone know why cyst happens I feel like when I give him kibbles it comes on and off raw food no cyst I tried different kibbles but still cyst come back.
It could be food/allergies. Sometimes they happen from being in wet grass a lot, licking paws a lot, etc.

Bulldog2001

May 5, 2022
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
None yet

Are you still feeding him raw diet??

Cause he could be allergic to kibble in general and probably just does best on raw diet.

Most Reactions