jessica989

Jul 9, 2013
Michigan
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Porky
Saturday my bully came inside after going out to potty and shortly after she was freaking out and rubbing her face. Closer inspection she was swollen. We went to the vet and she got a steroid shot and Benadryl. Remainder of Saturday and Sunday she seemed fine. Sunday late night she begins throwing up. Between Sunday and Monday morning she threw up 4-5 time. So back to the vet. I also noticed a pretty nasty rash/hives on her belly. They gave her anti nausea meds and took blood (won't have results for a couple days). She's been on Benadryl and prednisone before and no bad reactions. She still doesn't want her food. I cooked her some chicken she ate a couple bites and threw it up. Anyone experience something similar?

IMG_3493.JPGIMG_3493.JPG

Dollys Owner

Feb 20, 2017
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Honey
Hope she gets well soon.I would guess she ate something bad for her?? When my dog ate a stick she threw it up over a couple of days. Might as well treat her like she has hot spots as well- shave her so that the area will stay dry, wash her belly with a chlorhexidine/ketoconazole shampoo like Curaseb or Ketohex and then dry her belly off, and then put some Nu-Stock cream on the spots or spray some Vetericyn or Equisilver or Banix on those hot spots. If those spots are filled with pus they could be infected with staph which means she might need some oral antibiotics and an antibiotic cream such as Fucidin as well.

Hankster

Community Veteran
Aug 27, 2016
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
hank
doggone it!!! poor baby.. I don't have experience but so glad you took to the vet.. Hopefully others will know how to help as well... I know that Helsonwheels has a great rash treatment that is incredible, but I don't know if this type of rash is included... All the best, and let us know if something else comes up... Are you sticking on the Benadryl? seems that you should, what the vet say?

Cbrugs

Administrator
Community Veteran
Dec 9, 2016
Seattle, WA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
King Louie, Jax (French Bulldog), Ella Mae and Darla Rae
It looks like an allergic reaction type of rash. Is the Benadryl helping at all?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Brilloluna

Jul 20, 2014
Northern California
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Cricket (2014-) Willa: (2001-2013)
Yes- Cricket was stung by a bee 2 months ago. Went to an emergency vet and got a steroid shot. I gave her 2 Benadryl when we got home. she also had gotten a Rx for oral steroids (prednisone) ... the next afternoon, she started throwing up every 15 minutes, and couldn't stop... Went to see her regular vet and got an anti nausea shot.
I talked to a friend whose dog is on prednisone and she told me to try feeding Cricket a small midday meal in addition to her regular breakfast and dinner. Seems that's a common response to prednisone?? So I did that- added Lunch (I think it was just 1/3 cup of dry kibble) ... kept doing that til she was off prednisone and it helped her. I kept her on a high dose of Benadryl for about a week, then reduced to her normal dosage after that.
But maybe try adding another "snack" or mini-meal? Keep us posted!

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Saturday my bully came inside after going out to potty and shortly after she was freaking out and rubbing her face. Closer inspection she was swollen. We went to the vet and she got a steroid shot and Benadryl. Remainder of Saturday and Sunday she seemed fine. Sunday late night she begins throwing up. Between Sunday and Monday morning she threw up 4-5 time. So back to the vet. I also noticed a pretty nasty rash/hives on her belly. They gave her anti nausea meds and took blood (won't have results for a couple days). She's been on Benadryl and prednisone before and no bad reactions. She still doesn't want her food. I cooked her some chicken she ate a couple bites and threw it up. Anyone experience something similar?

View attachment 106582View attachment 106582

How is your girl doing?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.