In Search of a Good Bully Vet in Phoenix Area

Brian Karn

May 6, 2016
I live in Maricopa (25 minutes south of Phoenix), looking for a good vet preferably knowledgeable with bullies. Don't mind driving up to an hour each way for the right doc.

Our bully is having some serious diarrhea issues (no diet change recently), tried pure pumpkin diet for a few days to no resolve.

Also has a tail pocket infection (likely yeast). Her pocket is a pretty gnarly one to clean.

Other than that, she's pretty healthy and happy.

Cbrugs

Administrator
Community Veteran
Dec 9, 2016
Seattle, WA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
King Louie, Jax (French Bulldog), Ella Mae and Darla Rae
I can reach out to a couple people I know in AZ but not sure exactly where they are located and if it's within the hour range.

But for the diarrhea, have you had him tested for parasites as that can be a cause.

OP
Brian Karn

Brian Karn

May 6, 2016
I can reach out to a couple people I know in AZ but not sure exactly where they are located and if it's within the hour range.

But for the diarrhea, have you had him tested for parasites as that can be a cause.
Haven't taken her in yet, that's why I'm looking for a vet. We recently moved here and haven't established one yet. I wondered about parasites and could get her tested.

My other thought was I topped off the dog food container with a new bag before the container was empty. The diarrhea came as she got close to the bottom of the container which makes me wonder if the food could have gone rancid.

I since dumped it, bleached it and filled with a fresh bag of kibble. That will tell me in the next day or two if that was likely the problem.

I appreciate any referrals though!

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
@bullmama - any luck on getting our old articles recovered? The vet list would come in handy

Cbrugs

Administrator
Community Veteran
Dec 9, 2016
Seattle, WA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
King Louie, Jax (French Bulldog), Ella Mae and Darla Rae
Haven't taken her in yet, that's why I'm looking for a vet. We recently moved here and haven't established one yet. I wondered about parasites and could get her tested.

My other thought was I topped off the dog food container with a new bag before the container was empty. The diarrhea came as she got close to the bottom of the container which makes me wonder if the food could have gone rancid.

I since dumped it, bleached it and filled with a fresh bag of kibble. That will tell me in the next day or two if that was likely the problem.

I appreciate any referrals though!
My one friend lives 2 hours away so thatā€™s too far. Sorry

Bulldog2001

May 5, 2022
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
None yet
I live in Maricopa (25 minutes south of Phoenix), looking for a good vet preferably knowledgeable with bullies. Don't mind driving up to an hour each way for the right doc.

Our bully is having some serious diarrhea issues (no diet change recently), tried pure pumpkin diet for a few days to no resolve.

Also has a tail pocket infection (likely yeast). Her pocket is a pretty gnarly one to clean.

For the diarrhea, I highly recommend Adored Beast brand, Gut Soothe probiotic cause itā€™s anti inflammatory and itā€™s got the gut soothing foods like slippery elm, marshmallow root and other gut soothing ingredients and itā€™s a pre and probiotic for the immune system.

I always have a container in the fridge at all times for my 3 dogs, works wonders and is even better and more effective than antibiotics from vet.

Wilbursmommy

Dec 29, 2023
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Wilbur Nugget

Hi, coming across this post and am on the look for a vet as well for my Wilbur. Did you have any luck finding a vet in Phoenix that specializes in bulldogs?

Members online

No members online now.