Help Needed! How to treat a sore on the back leg.

Fbjdd

Mar 16, 2012
Coquitlam, British Columbia, Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bongo
Hi all,

Bongo has a sore on the outside of his back left leg. Not sure how he got it, seems superficial but it looks bigger scabbed up but if I press on it to clean it puss comes out on the tissue. My vet said bully’s are prone to callouses on the back legs, true?
I’ve been cleaning it and using polysporin but seems like I should be letting it dry out. Any idea the cause and a good treatment.
Thanks all for the help.
54959b7105d88c563233532cc5e9651d.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
He is a handsome boy! really need a photo of the wound. If there is pus under the scab, is needs to be cleaned,you can use peroxide,then dry and put NuStock on it. Do that every 3 days. If it does not improve, then to the vet. If you don't have NuStock, get it online, or at a horse supply,some pet stores.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Agreed... a picture would help. Never heard about callous being known in bulldog

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
Callouses on the back leg? Why would a bulldog be more affected than any other breed? Sorry but that is BS in my opinion. My GS had one but that’s because Mr. liked laying down anywhere there was cement/pads. You usually see that on joint areas. If there is liquid coming out it can be infected. Is he laying on anything that’s moist for it to have liquid inside? Musher’s Secret or Bag Balm will clear it up. Also soften up the callous. But that being said, you need to know if it’s an infection as it also can be a skin blister. Why a photo who be great..

https://wagwalking.com/condition/skin-blisters-pustules

Members online

No members online now.