How to lose friends

Bulldog2001

May 5, 2022
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
None yet
Youā€™ve really gotta lighten up on peopleā€™s choices of food. It comes across very pompous, and I am hoping that is not your intention.

Pro plan is not junk. I have a good baseline of a dog that was quite healthy on proplan, if there are no obvious improvements after this experiment I will be headed back there.

Sensitive skin salmon smells like a hint of salmon, similar to high quality salmon oil scent. it doesnā€™t smell fishy at all.

I picked up the duck and Millie seems to love it (spit out / ate around the fish pieces). So we will see how she does on it.

No thatā€™s not my intention at all, sorry if it came across that way. People will feed what they will feed their dogs, itā€™s not my dog, I can recommend good quality and give my opinion and advice, but at the end of the day if people want to feed ā€˜other qualityā€™ I will say, Then thatā€™s their choice, every dog is different. What may work for my dogs may not work for another.

I hope you didnā€™t take the last response the wrong way.

My intention here is to help people and the dogs to keep the dogs healthy and prevent/treat health issues, and be supportive and helpful.

We have seen many of our dogs in the past, not do well at all and end up constantly at the vet due to the very low quality food. Every dog is so different.

I am also NOT against kibble, there is great very high quality kibble, if people canā€™t or donā€™t want to feed raw for many reasons, no issue I can definitely recommend premium kibble. The ā€˜low quality optionsā€™ on the other hand, I do not recommend. But again, people will feed whatever quality(low or high quality), cause they choose what to feed their dog, cause itā€™s their dog. Dogs may do well and some may not do well, itā€™s a choice dog owners must make, everyone has their own opinions as to what they think is healthy and not healthy.

Thatā€™s good she is liking the Duck formula of the Carna 4, hope it worksšŸ‘

Last edited:

Cbrugs

Administrator
Community Veteran
Dec 9, 2016
Seattle, WA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
King Louie, Jax (French Bulldog), Ella Mae and Darla Rae
Youā€™ve really gotta lighten up on peopleā€™s choices of food. It comes across very pompous, and I am hoping that is not your intention.

Pro plan is not junk. I have a good baseline of a dog that was quite healthy on proplan, if there are no obvious improvements after this experiment I will be headed back there.

Sensitive skin salmon smells like a hint of salmon, similar to high quality salmon oil scent. it doesnā€™t smell fishy at all.

I picked up the duck and Millie seems to love it (spit out / ate around the fish pieces). So we will see how she does on it.
Both my girls do really well on Open Farm with Ancient Grains if youā€™re wanting to look at options. And I add a few NW Naturals freeze dried raw nuggets to their breakfast every morning.

Remind me how old Millie is? Natureā€™s Logic is a great brand but I personally would not feed it to a puppy as the protein % is very high and it can affect their growth.

OP
benny

benny

Staff member
Jan 9, 2022
Country
united states
Bulldog(s) Names
millie vanilly, beth anne (guest member)
Both my girls do really well on Open Farm with Ancient Grains if youā€™re wanting to look at options. And I add a few NW Naturals freeze dried raw nuggets to their breakfast every morning.

Remind me how old Millie is? Natureā€™s Logic is a great brand but I personally would not feed it to a puppy as the protein % is very high and it can affect their growth.
She is 16 months now.

I think the Orijen was also too high for her when I was feeding it, but canā€™t go back in time so I try not to worry about it now. Learning and what not.

Another friend recommended open farm to me, as well as earthborne. The high pea content initially scared me off, but her dogs and her friendsā€™ are doing very well on both.

Cbrugs

Administrator
Community Veteran
Dec 9, 2016
Seattle, WA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
King Louie, Jax (French Bulldog), Ella Mae and Darla Rae
She is 16 months now.

I think the Orijen was also too high for her when I was feeding it, but canā€™t go back in time so I try not to worry about it now. Learning and what not.

Another friend recommended open farm to me, as well as earthborne. The high pea content initially scared me off, but her dogs and her friendsā€™ are doing very well on both.
I personally donā€™t like grain free because of all the peas and legumes added. Some dogs might have an intolerance to grains and would therefore need grain free but my girls are doing just fine with the ancient grain line of Open Farm and they have several proteins that I rotate between. Earthborn is a decent food, I used to feed Louie the limited ingredient line before I switched him to raw.

Good luck with your food trials!

OP
benny

benny

Staff member
Jan 9, 2022
Country
united states
Bulldog(s) Names
millie vanilly, beth anne (guest member)
Duck seems to be causing gas, and she doesnā€™t like it as much as the proplan (leaving both fish and duck kibble behind rather than licking bowl clean).

There is a little less than three weeks of duck here. Iā€™m going to give it two weeks and if it isnā€™t going well still Iā€™ll go back to proplan for a reset while I find open farm

Bulldog2001

May 5, 2022
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
None yet
Duck seems to be causing gas, and she doesnā€™t like it as much as the proplan (leaving both fish and duck kibble behind rather than licking bowl clean).

There is a little less than three weeks of duck here. Iā€™m going to give it two weeks and if it isnā€™t going well still Iā€™ll go back to proplan for a reset while I find open farm
I would see if she does well on Natures Logic since itā€™s the next best after Carna 4, then if she doesnā€™t like the natures logic either, maybe try the open farm.

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
Each time I read the title of this thread it reminds me of thisā€¦ā€¦

1677021958854.jpeg

Most Reactions

šŸ“° Latest posts

Members online