How do you keep a young EB entertained when you’re working?

DearestMayo

Jul 16, 2021
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Mayo
This is my first post but I have been lurking on this site for some time after getting my dog Mayo last May.

Mayo is a 15 month EB and I feel like he needs constant attention every time. I try taking him to daycare 2x a week when I’m working or busy. I also try to walk him in the morning, however it’s so hot in the DMV that he begins to pant after 10 minutes. I’m also a college student, therefore I also get preoccupied with classes but I try my best to play with him indoors when I can. I just feel really bad when I can’t be with him 24/7 since he can get destructive sometimes when I’m not with him. I do live at home with my 3 other relatives, but only my grandma (who is healthy and active) really watches him when I’m away. However, she doesn’t play with him since she is older and I try not to leave him with her either and take him to daycare when I can. I also have a younger sister who is home for the summer, but I can’t rely on her to play with my dog either. At what age do EB becomes less hyper and more chill? And also what tips do you guys recommend for a young EB? Anything is appreciated!

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
It is hard, I have two and currently work from home full time… they demand interaction otherwise they just sleep.

I do the same a quick early morning walk due to heat… it is better than nothing, like you said, about 10 minutes. If you can do daycare twice a week is good if you can do that

Indoor play, we throw ball in the basement or rough house with them for a bit. Another good thing, are food puzzles or stuff bones . I freeze marrow bones stuffed with peanut butter

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
Some are more active than others. My 2 are Jack Russell’s in EB suits. Nyala will be 6 n Jake is 4.5. When it’s too hot I play in the yard with them. I do give them raw marrow bones which you’ll find at the grocery store. It keeps them busy for hours.

9D73240F-2595-4DE9-92C9-3EA289F83FA3.jpeg

gobronco

Dec 16, 2011
San Jose, Ca
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Mila and Bruno
From my experience they start to calm down at 1-1/2 to 2 years old. Bruno is 19 Months old and is still quite the puppy. Don't worry about them while you are at work. They will just sleep or hopefully chew on toys. My dogs have access to the backyard so a lot of the time they just lay out back on the deck or bark at squirrels.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.