How affectionate is your bulldog?

tigertanktoo

Mar 31, 2019
SW Georgia
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Gabe - EBD 7 yrs old and Charlie - Cockerspaniel 15 yrs old
My boy loves to be rubbed and scratched. But he is definately not a kissy dog. Every time I ask for a kiss or smootch he snorts in my face. Guess I can consider that him "Blowing" me kisses huh? He'll smootch up on momma, but not me.

oscarmayer

Have Bulldog Will Travel
Staff member
Jan 20, 2016
VA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Lala, Chesty, Winky, Waggles, Moose, and rescue MoJo
Lala, MINI and Dozer are ALL very affectionate. Dozer is extremely responsive to scratching and rub downs. He just can't get enough. He gets so happy with the smallest amount of attention.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Our boys are/were all cuddle bugs, very affectionate. Our girl was NOT having any of it… she tolerated being pet or hugged.

RiiSi

Community Veteran
Sep 30, 2011
Sysmä
Country
Finland
Bulldog(s) Names
Taisto, Kylli, Salli, Angel-Usko and Angel-Voitto
1632483918825.png

Here's hoe affectionate my girls are. My loves cuddles, but lucliky doesn't want to lay on top of me.

SlimsMom

Mar 17, 2021
Lakeland, FL
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Slim
Slim is not a cuddler. He tolerates me loving and kissing on him, but will never come lay with me. Oh but when HE wants to be scratched and rubbed he will keep pawing me if I try to stop. Also when I go to bed at night even if he is in a dead sleep, he wakes right up and follows me to the bedroom to get in his bed beside me. He is a big chicken. lol

1Chumly

Feb 19, 2015
Houston, TX
Country
From England
Bulldog(s) Names
Buster 2013-2023 Monty 6/2010 - 1/2020 Chumly 2002-2014
If I am in my chair, that is all the invitation Buster needs! I have to fight him off sometimes to give my dead legs a break. I am usually first up in the morning so as I am drinking my coffee, he is up on my lap. The funny thing is as soon as my husband sits down with his coffee, Buster will jump down and get on his lap and that is the ONLY time he does it! First thing in the morning only, odd.

Dundeered

Jul 10, 2021
Country
Scotland
Bulldog(s) Names
Geoff
Geoff is not into cuddles, he does not like any attempt to Cozy up. I’m upset a bit at that as he gets nothing but love. He acts like he has ants in his pants . Always on the move never just sits down unless he is away to go to sleep. Sometimes I have to leave room to get him settled . He likes being scratched under his chest and if I try and stop he starts pawing me. Also he is constantly licking my arms

TooTooMommy

Jun 17, 2016
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Meaty, Sophie, & sometimes fosters
How affectionate is your bulldog how much or how much doesn't your bulldog like cuddles?
Meaty LOVES to have his ears, chin, chest, back scratched/ rubbed. We also
sometimes massage his VERY arthritic elbows (sad!) and shoulders.

He is NOT affectionate at all, which, at first, bothered me. I'd read
about dogs going to their hoomans when they're sad, sick, etc. And how they'd put their head on their hooman's lap, etc. It's totally fine NOW----i accepted it years ago! I'll never forget a scary incident from when he was only 6 months old.

I had just lost my brother and was crying soo hard. I went to hug Meaty, and
he snapped at me. Scared me to death! I knew from that day on NOT
to approach him for hugs.

Once in a RARE, RARE while, he will put his sweet wittle head on
his DADDY's lap, and it is just sooo sweet! We both love it when
he does it, especially since it's SO rare!

TooTooMommy

Jun 17, 2016
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Meaty, Sophie, & sometimes fosters
o98IE1e.jpg
\

Forgot to say, SOMEtimes, Meaty was affectionate to his baby sister Sophie.
It was sooo sweet, and also---RARE! Soo glad I caught this moment,
especially because Sophie died a short time later. :cry:

Members online

No members online now.