Hibiscrub

Dundeered

Jul 10, 2021
Country
Scotland
Bulldog(s) Names
Geoff
So Iā€™ve bought some Hibiscrub to use as a wet wipe under Geoffs chin. Can someone advise best way to use? Dilution ratio etc . I was buying clorahexadine wipes but they are costing a fortune and thought I could make up a solution and spray on to a cloth

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
So Iā€™ve bought some Hibiscrub to use as a wet wipe under Geoffs chin. Can someone advise best way to use? Dilution ratio etc . I was buying clorahexadine wipes but they are costing a fortune and thought I could make up a solution and spray on to a cloth
It shouldnt be diluted as it already comes ready to use. Unless it says to dilute? If not, put some on a paper towel or micro cloth n clean away :)

If it comes out too expensive try Witch Hazel, fractionated coconut oil n tea tree. This recipe is a bit expensive upfront but will last way long as you will have more refills.

Bare in mind after each drink n meal, itā€™s where the chin needs to be wipe dry. Usually itā€™s a teenager period as once they passed that age, you shouldnā€™t be doing this daily.

1 cup of witch hazel
1/4 cup FCO
20 drops of tea tree (essential oil quality brand like DoTerra, young Living or health food store n ask tea tree from Australia)

shake well n use.

OP
D

Dundeered

Jul 10, 2021
Country
Scotland
Bulldog(s) Names
Geoff
It shouldnt be diluted as it already comes ready to use. Unless it says to dilute? If not, put some on a paper towel or micro cloth n clean away :)

If it comes out too expensive try Witch Hazel, fractionated coconut oil n tea tree. This recipe is a bit expensive upfront but will last way long as you will have more refills.

Bare in mind after each drink n meal, itā€™s where the chin needs to be wipe dry. Usually itā€™s a teenager period as once they passed that age, you shouldnā€™t be doing this daily.

1 cup of witch hazel
1/4 cup FCO
20 drops of tea tree (essential oil quality brand like DoTerra, young Living or health food store n ask tea tree from Australia)

shake well n use.
Heā€™s 10 months so is this the teenage phase ? I read somewhere that the Hibiscrub is pink and should have enough water added to make it clear šŸ¤·šŸ»ā€ā™‚ļø Will go read information label to see if it says anything about dilution. Thanks for advice yet again

cefe13

Sep 12, 2013
Country
Sweden
Bulldog(s) Names
Castor (2013-2021 RIP)
I would ask the vet or the pharmacy for advice on concentration. If too strong it will sting and Geoff won't like that!

I think hibiscrub contains chlorehexidine. When I too found those pads too expensive, I started bying chlorehexidine at the pharmacy for Castor. There are different concentrations, so if strong, you might need to dilute it with water. Then I just used it on a cotton pad.

OP
D

Dundeered

Jul 10, 2021
Country
Scotland
Bulldog(s) Names
Geoff
I would ask the vet or the pharmacy for advice on concentration. If too strong it will sting and Geoff won't like that!

I think hibiscrub contains chlorehexidine. When I too found those pads too expensive, I started bying chlorehexidine at the pharmacy for Castor. There are different concentrations, so if strong, you might need to dilute it with water. Then I just used it on a cotton pad.
That was my thinking for buying Hibiscrub, I assumed it was ok as a substitute for the wipes . Iā€™ve dabbed a bit on a cotton pad neat and he seemed ok . Didnā€™t sting him .

Most Reactions

šŸ“° Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.