Hi

KazzaH

Dec 18, 2022
Country
Uk
Bulldog(s) Names
Dave
Hi all, we’ve just welcomed our first ever EBD at 8 weeks old ‘Dave’. We have an 11 year old Birder Terrier (who’s not impressed with his new little brother as he keeps biting him)
0B1F2C3C-825E-4DED-825B-DCF98BD6B0EB.jpeg

Looking for advice on night times (to crate or not) and house training.

berlin78

Jun 23, 2017
WA State
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
Sophie & Chloe (Bella RIP 2019)
Crate training worked for us! We set a timer to let Chloe go potty every couple hours, eventually getting up to three. Hard for a while, but it worked. Your pup is adorable! Best of luck.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Hi all, we’ve just welcomed our first ever EBD at 8 weeks old ‘Dave’. We have an 11 year old Birder Terrier (who’s not impressed with his new little brother as he keeps biting him)View attachment 123760

So adorable! Congratulations… welcome to EBN

Bulldog2001

May 5, 2022
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
None yet
Hi all, we’ve just welcomed our first ever EBD at 8 weeks old ‘Dave’. We have an 11 year old Birder Terrier (who’s not impressed with his new little brother as he keeps biting him)View attachment 123760

Welcome!

He is very cute.

Yes crate training was one of the best things, especially as puppies at night.
They have their own space, my dogs love their own crates, and one of my dogs who is 3.5 years old still loves to sleep in his crate every night!

I had a Crate in a X pen with a tray of fake grass on a pee pad tray that he could go on that looked like grass, he would go in there when he had to in the middle of the night. But the best is if you can set the alarm and take out the puppy every 2-3 hours outside and reward with a high value treat, and say “good pee” or “good potty” and immediately give the treats.

But when you put them in the crate, you should have a crate divider so he can only lay down and move a little so h e is less likely to potty in the crate(most dogs avoid potty in the crate).
All my dogs as puppies, have never done any potty in their crates.

gobronco

Dec 16, 2011
San Jose, Ca
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Mila and Bruno
Crate train in my opinion. Follow the advice of the previous replies. He will actually like having his own safe place to sleep. Just have to say go to bed and he will go to sleep without a fuss.

Bulldog2001

May 5, 2022
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
None yet
Rusty LOVES his crate he still loves to sleep in there every night, this photos were this morning, he was tired and didn’t want to come out of the crate, nice and cozy in there with all his blankets and his pajamas.

I leave the crates open for all my dogs to go in whenever they want, it’s their own safe space/bed. Although they have many beds in the house, they all still love their crates. I put it right beside my bed in my room cause he likes to be with us but loves to sleep in his crate.

We call it the “pent house suite”.
1671919779294.jpeg

1671919798833.jpeg

1671919828130.jpeg