Hi all - new to site and need help & advice (with the female)

Tora K

Aug 16, 2021
Country
United Kingdom
Bulldog(s) Names
Jorja EB & Davey EB+BMastiff
Hi to all

Have come onto this site many times since becoming the owner of Jorja but have only registered today.

Am currently at a loss as to what to do next. As since she turned 2, she has violent attacks on my other dog Davey. Not all the time but becoming more frequent.

We have 3 dogs in total Frank (Jug age 9), Davey (EB+BM age 4 1/2). It’s now at the point where I don’t even sit in the front room any more. Hubby takes either Jorja or Davey in the front room and I then have the other 2 with me.

I feel anxious most of the time, which I know is not helping them. I also work from home since the pandemic and all 3 of them seem ultra overprotective towards the home and me.

After a snapping incident we currently pull them apart, after spraying with water and put them both in the back garden to chill as per our trainers advice. Frank only gets involved if he feels threatened.

Apologies if this is not the correct way to ask for advice, still learning.

Thank you :blush2:

Attachments

• 19FCAA8C-A745-48ED-AA4D-51EA8F976BF1.jpeg
    19FCAA8C-A745-48ED-AA4D-51EA8F976BF1.jpeg
    359.9 KB · Views: 127
  • A7502266-895E-419F-8198-6D404DF9F873.jpeg
    A7502266-895E-419F-8198-6D404DF9F873.jpeg
    354.6 KB · Views: 134

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
The is an imbalance... you have to make sure they all know you (all humans) are boss.. get them plenty of exercise and limitations to what they see as valuable in the home

Females can be more dominant so they will push the boundaries.

Use nothing in life is free- They have to work for everything they need to earn it so that means no furniture no play unless you as the boss says that they can... long walks and Since you are home with them all day which you weren’t before they are becoming more protective or feel the imbalance from the stress you stated.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

oscarmayer

Have Bulldog Will Travel
Staff member
Jan 20, 2016
VA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Lala, Chesty, Winky, Waggles, Moose, and rescue MoJo
We see this more often than we like and most times it's because the dog has assumed the Alpha role in the family. If this happens ONLY when you are around then Jorja is likely guarding you. Take you out of the picture and she will possibly guard someone else. This negative behavior could eventually turn towards the other dogs and other people.

Take away all privileges and do not ever again let her on any furniture or in your lap. Never let her assume a dominant position(stance) with you or anyone else. IMO, you are looking at a lifetime of management even if you are able to reign her in. Be VERY careful with her around children.

Members online

No members online now.