Olliesworld

Jul 4, 2020
Nj, usa
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ollie
Hello!!

Ollie is now 5 months!! He started doing this thing where he will throw up white foam, not a lot probably like a tablespoon, when heā€™s excited. Yesterday he threw up a lot more he was like hacking and throwing up. It is just foam and had like 1 piece of kibble in it. I took him to the vet and they said it was acid reflux and to give him 20mg of omeprazole daily. To me it sounds like he is congested, but she says his breathing is normal. He is playing, eating and pooping normal. Please help!

Have you guys had any experience with this?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
Has he ever been evaluated for an elongated palate?!! Sounds like that may be the issue...

2bullies

May 14, 2017
Scottsdale, AZ
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Bunny
I have a Frenchie that does this several times every day. He will vomit up to a few tablespoons of white foam when we go for a walk, when he gets excited or just for no reason at all (sometimes folliwed by a big burp!). He does have an elongated palate, so he breathes and snores loud. Our vet recommended surgery (quoted about $1500) but we decided not to due to potential risks for brachycephalic dogs. other than the white foam, he's a very healthy 6 yr old Frenchie.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
A elongated palate in puppies is very rare. What does your dog eat n how much per day?

OP
Olliesworld

Olliesworld

Jul 4, 2020
Nj, usa
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ollie
A elongated palate in puppies is very rare. What does your dog eat n how much per day?

He eats Acana puppy food & twice a day. His breathing sounds like congested

KrysA724

Aug 4, 2020
Texas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Brisket
He eats Acana puppy food & twice a day. His breathing sounds like congested

Iā€™m not too sure, but could it be stenotic nares? Brisket has this issue as well, and vet says with how restricted his breathing is from his nares, when he gets excited and tries to breathe through his nose and then his mouth he catches too much air and burps ALOT. After eating if he gets too excited it will cause some foam and maybe a bit or two of kibble. Heā€™s going to be getting surgery for the issue soon.

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
I would try one squirt of lemon juice down there. He will cough n phlegm will be coming out if any stuck in there. Check the colour of it to. Keep us posted. BTW Acana is a great kibble. :)

OP
Olliesworld

Olliesworld

Jul 4, 2020
Nj, usa
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ollie
I would try one squirt of lemon juice down there. He will cough n phlegm will be coming out if any stuck in there. Check the colour of it to. Keep us posted. BTW Acana is a great kibble. :)

Hi! Like down his nose!? When he eats also he is like congested

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
A squirt of lemon juice down his throat. [MENTION=19750]Olliesworld[/MENTION]

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Yep, try the lemon juice, but also when he gets a little older, Iā€™d have his palate checked

oscarmayer

Have Bulldog Will Travel
Staff member
Jan 20, 2016
VA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Lala, Chesty, Winky, Waggles, Moose, and rescue MoJo
Elongated soft palate in a young dog will get worse as the dog ages and the risk of aspirational pneumonia becomes exponentially higher. Puking up a little foam every now and then is not so big of a deal until that foam enters the airway...then the real problems begin.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.