Help English Bulldog Puppy 10months

Madman

Jun 3, 2022
Country
UK
Bulldog(s) Names
Bolt
Hi All

would love some help. I have an English Bulldog ten months and having a nigihtmare with food. i have tried Pure Pet, ButternutBox, Taste of the Wild all has had made him sick and bad diarrhoea. I am now on RC Puppy Food. He loves it but so bad stool loose. I know everyone here hates it but i can’t by fromms as in the UK. It’s so annoying any recommendations would be so good just want good stools for him

oscarmayer

Have Bulldog Will Travel
Staff member
Jan 20, 2016
VA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Lala, Chesty, Winky, Waggles, Moose, and rescue Peggy(soon to be placed)
This could be as simple as feeding too much, more than your pup can process. Consider dialing the quantity back to 1/2 for a few days and see what happens. Bulldogs(all that I have had) will eat themselves sick. They just LOVE to eat!
Can you get Orijen puppy food in UK?

OP
M

Madman

Jun 3, 2022
Country
UK
Bulldog(s) Names
Bolt
This could be as simple as feeding too much, more than your pup can process. Consider dialing the quantity back to 1/2 for a few days and see what happens. Bulldogs(all that I have had) will eat themselves sick. They just LOVE to eat!
Can you get Orijen puppy food in UK?
hi i am feeding him the recommend quantity on the packet. i can get orijen i think

OP
M

Madman

Jun 3, 2022
Country
UK
Bulldog(s) Names
Bolt
i
I find that the recommended quantity on the bag is usually too much. How much are you currently feeding?
i will check i think it’s 307g each day. Should i buy Orjen large puppy or just normal puppy yellow

Bulldog2001

May 5, 2022
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
None yet
Hi All

would love some help. I have an English Bulldog ten months and having a nigihtmare with food. i have tried Pure Pet, ButternutBox, Taste of the Wild all has had made him sick and bad diarrhoea. I am now on RC Puppy Food. He loves it but so bad stool loose. I know everyone here hates it but i can’t by fromms as in the UK. It’s so annoying any recommendations would be so good just want good stools for him

I would get him off RC and try Orijen Puppy food(it doesn’t have to be Large breed), or Acana puppy food.

A probiotic would be beneficial to him if he doesn’t have good digestion now.

OP
M

Madman

Jun 3, 2022
Country
UK
Bulldog(s) Names
Bolt
i have ordered the orjen today let’s see and reduced the RC while i wait for it to 290g
i

i will check i think it’s 307g each day. Should i buy Orjen large puppy or just normal puppy yellow

I would get him off RC and try Orijen Puppy food(it doesn’t have to be Large breed), or Acana puppy food.

A probiotic would be beneficial to him if he doesn’t have good digestion now.

Cbrugs

Administrator
Community Veteran
Dec 9, 2016
Seattle, WA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
King Louie, Jax (French Bulldog), Ella Mae and Darla Rae
i

I don’t know grams but I think at that age I was giving 1 cup twice a day. I feed Open Farm with Ancient Grains. Feeding a better quality food usually means you can feed less. And every dog is different so you might have to play around to find the perfect amount.

And yes, adding in a probiotic also helps.

1Chumly

Feb 19, 2015
Houston, TX
Country
From England
Bulldog(s) Names
Buster 2013-2023 Monty 6/2010 - 1/2020 Chumly 2002-2014
It is good you are getting off RC, awful food. If I followed the recommended feeding on the bag, my boy would be as big as a house! It is something you will have to play around with. I feed Zignature which is quality, high calorie (384 per 100g) and no fillers unlike RC (277 per 100g, adult dog) with fillers. The amount for my dog according to the bag would be about 2.5 cups a day or about 320g. He gets about 200g a day (1.5 cups). He is much older and low energy though. The better the quality, the less you have to feed. Don't forget to transition him slowly.
Good luck! (I think I did all the calculations correctly!)

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
Like mentioned a few times above get off the RC.

In UK you do have Acana/Orijen same company. Do be careful with Orijen as it’s rich in calories. Very good from 1month to 10months old. Then usually after 10 months on Orijen is Acana. Do one protein bags to monitor what puppy can tolerate. The most important part of all puppies is protein rotation. The more different protein a puppy is introduced the less allergies as adults. Follow what the bags says….

benny

Staff member
Jan 9, 2022
Country
united states
Bulldog(s) Names
millie vanilly, beth anne (guest member)
Keep in mind that their digestive tract is probably sensitive as well. You can expect that switching diets will also cause some blowouts.

How much do they currently weigh? Do you think they are over/under weight? How big do you expect them to get?

My Millie, at 8 months, is getting 280 grams of Orijen per day. She's 35lbs and not overweight. She was slightly under weight a month ago so I didn't decrease at 6 months like I had planned and we're right on track now. I anticipate lowering to around 250grams next month. and working towards 200-220 by October (12 months).

Are you mixing anything in with the kibble? If so I would stop mixing things into the kibble. Stop treats. Do the reduction of the RC for a few days, and see if you have any improvements. Then do the slow transition to Orijen. Then start adding stuff slowly back in.

BubbLee’s mom

Feb 16, 2022
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BubbLee aka Bubbs
Hi All

BubbLee’s mom

Feb 16, 2022
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BubbLee aka Bubbs
My boy, Bubb, was 1 year old when he came to live with us and was very obese. Previous owners fed him 8 cups of kibble every day and he would have eaten twice as much if we had given it to him! Right away I started him on IAMS Weight Control and he slimmed down to a healthy weight and has had no digestive, skin or other health problems for 6 years. I feed him 1 cup of IAMS Weight Control 2 times a day. Good luck. If you can find IAMS in the UK, I recommend it.

Bulldog2001

May 5, 2022
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
None yet
My boy, Bubb, was 1 year old when he came to live with us and was very obese. Previous owners fed him 8 cups of kibble every day and he would have eaten twice as much if we had given it to him! Right away I started him on IAMS Weight Control and he slimmed down to a healthy weight and has had no digestive, skin or other health problems for 6 years. I feed him 1 cup of IAMS Weight Control 2 times a day. Good luck. If you can find IAMS in the UK, I recommend it.

By simply decreasing the amount of food your feeding can greatly help get them to lose weight.

IAMS is NOT a good food at all and I highly recommend avoiding!!

That’s absolutely garbage food, no nutrition value and all ingredients and the fillers are actual garbage!

Anything with ‘by product’ or chicken by product meal , corn , wheat, lots of grains, and tons of synthetic vitamins added are definitely a NO NO! The chemicals used as well are a concern!

Definitely AVOID!
There are much better weight management foods such as N&D weight management, and lots of way better kibbles.

Even mid quality foods are better than those with those ingredients like IAMS, Purina, hills, Royal canin, Bil-Jac, eukanuba.

You can find good weight management foods, and high quality foods and just decrease the feeding amounts!

98% of people on here will agree with this!

BubbLee’s mom

Feb 16, 2022
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BubbLee aka Bubbs
By simply decreasing the amount of food your feeding can greatly help get them to lose weight.

IAMS is NOT a good food at all and I highly recommend avoiding!!

That’s absolutely garbage food, no nutrition value and all ingredients and the fillers are actual garbage!

Anything with ‘by product’ or chicken by product meal , corn , wheat, lots of grains, and tons of synthetic vitamins added are definitely a NO NO! The chemicals used as well are a concern!

Definitely AVOID!
There are much better weight management foods such as N&D weight management, and lots of way better kibbles.

Even mid quality foods are better than those with those ingredients like IAMS, Purina, hills, Royal canin, Bil-Jac, eukanuba.

You can find good weight management foods, and high quality foods and just decrease the feeding amounts!

98% of people on here will agree with this!

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.