Help!! Any idea what is going on here? Gagging for air? Pneumonia? Cough? Blockage?

DarlingDarla

Aug 1, 2021
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Darling Darla
Does anyone have any clue what is happening here? She did this several times throughout the night. Would be in a dead sleep and wake up doing this. Itā€™s so short and fast it was hard to video and I donā€™t know how to even explain it to the vet. And Iā€™m not trying to go to an emergency vet and get ripped off but Iā€™m a bit worried and will obv do what I have to!! She does not appear to be in any pain or discomfortā€¦ only when she is doing this. This is the video below.

thett

Nov 7, 2018
MI
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Stella, Harvey
Mg goodness, I donā€™t know what this is but if it continues I would certainly be running for the vet. I hope you get some answers and quickly.

Hopefully someone here will have some knowledge and advice.
Poor babyā€¦ please keep us updated[emoji3590]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
I donā€™t have Facebook but do book an appointment at the vet.
[MENTION=15364]oscarmayer[/MENTION] [MENTION=2894]2BullyMama[/MENTION] no Facebook so check the video :yes: Anyone

oscarmayer

Have Bulldog Will Travel
Staff member
Jan 20, 2016
VA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Lala, Chesty, Winky, Waggles, Moose, and rescue Peggy(soon to be placed)
Content not available at this time.

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
I hope you have a knowledgeable vet. I would have taken her there right away. I have never heard something like this before. It sounds like she may have something lodged in her throat, or an injury to it, or her windpipe. I hope by now you are able to take her in. Please let us know of the diagnoses. [MENTION=20335]DarlingDarla[/MENTION]

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Does anyone have any clue what is happening here? She did this several times throughout the night. Would be in a dead sleep and wake up doing this. Itā€™s so short and fast it was hard to video and I donā€™t know how to even explain it to the vet. And Iā€™m not trying to go to an emergency vet and get ripped off but Iā€™m a bit worried and will obv do what I have to!! She does not appear to be in any pain or discomfortā€¦ only when she is doing this. This is the video below.

not opening for meā€¦. But based on Lynnā€™s responseā€¦. Please give us n update

Most Reactions

šŸ“° Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.