ruby

Oct 19, 2014
Blackpool, uk
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruby
Hi

Ive not been on here for a while as I've been busy moving house, anyway I was wonder if you guys could help over the past month we have been battling an ear infection with Ruby and most recently a her nose fold has started to become sore I'm cleaning it every day with clx wipes I'd been given by my vet but was wonder what them wipes where called starting with d and would these help get on top of her sore nose fold? any other suggestions on what to use or maybe what could be causing it would be greatly appreciated thank-you Donna

CCandMurray

Sep 16, 2015
NY
Country
U.S.
Bulldog(s) Names
Murray
Good morning Donna! Congrats on the move and I'm sorry to hear Ruby nose fold is sore :( I'll bet it hurts! Poor baby., I think the wipes you mean are duoxo wipes, if not other members will keep me honest. I wonder if maybe she'd benefit from some diaper rash ointment as well maybe try some desitin? Hope she feels better soon, keep us posted!

OP
ruby

ruby

Oct 19, 2014
Blackpool, uk
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruby
Thank-you yes I think they are the ones, vet seems to think it's a yeast infection poor thing, she has had a course of antibiotics to help clear it up and vet advised to use the clx wipes daily but I don't really think they are helping, do you think the douxo wipes will help Get on top of this

CCandMurray

Sep 16, 2015
NY
Country
U.S.
Bulldog(s) Names
Murray
Yes I think they will help but it's probably also irritated so that's why I'd try the desitin or another type of ointment as well

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
I use duoxo wipes, or you can use witch hazel on a cotton pad, dry it good and put a small amount of gold's bond powder to keep it dry. Make sure IF you use the powder to keep her from breathing it or getting it in her nose…

Some members have used diaper rash cream after the area was cleaned… bottom line is to clean it daily and keep it dry.

rufasim

Apr 13, 2016
Massachusetts
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Bella
The top of Bellas nose rope get irritated when her allergies are bad. Tear stains. The area turns red. I clean it with Duoxo pads then put on a dab of desitin. Usually only in the morning but if bad I put it on again at night. Clears it up fast

OP
ruby

ruby

Oct 19, 2014
Blackpool, uk
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruby
Thank-you, we've always cleaned & drie it daily, but the wipes from the vets don't seem to be helping i'l order some douxo wipes and see if they help to clear it up

rufasim

Apr 13, 2016
Massachusetts
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Bella
I could be wrong. If you ask my wife she will tell you I am wrong most of the time but I think the desitin clears it up faster than the duoxo pads.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.