agentbunny

Nov 2, 2013
San Francisco, CA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Leo & Lola
Hi There!
Just wanted to introduce myself and my babies Leo and Lola to everyone. Leo, my red brindle boy, is 7.5 months old and Lola, my pi-bald girl, is almost 9 months old. We have always had dogs but these are our first bulldogs.

We got Lola at 13 weeks old. She turned out to have so many allergies that we couldn't even bring her outside let alone to the dog park (grass, weeds, pollen, dust, allergies). We felt so bad for her and her lack of doggie friends that we got Leo to be her companion when she was 6 months old. They love each other and play all the time. Lola has recently had allergy testing and is now on desensitization therapy for her allergies and both dogs are now visiting dog parks a couple times a week to socialize.

Anyone else notice that non-brachycephalic breeds tend to "shun" bulldogs? My dogs can always find a friend in boston terriers, frenchies, and other flat faced dogs but most other breeds tend to ignore them. My vet seems to think that their weird grunting sounds tend to confuse other dogs who don't know what to make of them.

Anyway, nice to be here and thanks for having me!

mygargolyes

Feb 20, 2014
Ca
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
torrin and eli
Hello to you I'm in marin county I have heard about something called chesting for a trainer along time ago.
other dogs with a longer snout don't get that close on frist meeting, and it is a dominant move.
I don't know about you but when you get on the ground at dog hight our bullys do look father big:ashamed:
hope to meet you soon at the beach! Victoria and Torrin

Marine91

The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22
:welcome: to the site. I can't say that any breed we have run in to with Harlea has shunned her. Normally they are come to see what the heck is up with her.

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
I've heard people say that too that other dog breeds are intimidated by all of the snorting and loud breathing. Leo and Lola are so cute!! :welcome: from So Cal! Happy you found us.

Pati Robins

I'm Polish what did you expect! A lady like person
Community Veteran
Jun 12, 2013
Cardiff UK
Country
UK-Cardiff
Bulldog(s) Names
Lily (British Bulldog) & Shy (American Bulldog X)
hi and welcome -what a gorgoes bullies xx

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
:welcome2: to EBN!!! Your babies are adorable… I have taken both my boxers & bullies to doggie parks, and funny thing they seem to gravitate to other brach breeds. I have heard that it's because of the snorting, breathing noises that can sometimes scare other dogs but that seems kinds crazy to me… LOL

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
Welcome to the site and your pups are beautiful. I have noticed a few dogs with normal snoots do kind of shun the bullies. We had a Beagle who loved other dogs, but she for the longest time did not want anything to do with the bullies when we first got them.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
:hiya: :welcome3: to EBN!

YOur babies are beutiful.... and yes, as others have said, Bulldogs tend to be 'different' and some other breeds will be either hesitant or ignore all together.

OP
agentbunny

agentbunny

Nov 2, 2013
San Francisco, CA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Leo & Lola
Thanks for the welcomes everybody! I'm glad I'm not the only one that noticed that bullies tend to get the cold shoulder from snouty doggies. The "chesting" theory certainly makes sense now that I think about it. Its kids sad seeing your pup get ignored at the dog park. Almost as bad as seeing your kid not being included on the playground. lol

Sharon Mitchel

Sep 5, 2013
Port Townsend, Washington, United States
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Charley, a 5 year old male
There are lots of dogs in our neighborhood, lots! We have off-leash time at the beach, but can't take Charley to play with the others there. There are a few dogs here who snarl at him when we are out walking, so don't want to see what would happen off leash. Charley won't start a fight, but.....

People absolutely love Charley and are often surprised (or embarrassed) when their dogs react so negatively. It really is hurtful to see our bullies ignored or snarled at. The other dogs just don't know how to interpret them. Sad but true.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.