Heat rash on neck?

MaxBully

Nov 23, 2021
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Max
Hi, a friend of mine has a 3-4 month old English bulldog puppy He got 3 days ago. Breeder was feeding him Diamond puppy food. Ordered him a bag but arrived today and he ran out of food yesterday. His family gave the puppy some dog food they have there for their German shepherd and My friend went and bought blue wilderness grain free with chicken for puppy food.
When he ate the other dog food the puppy threw up and it got on his neck. The puppy has also been bathed twice since they got him on Saturday. The puppy has spent most of its time outside In yard or garage.
what can be used on puppy to help with this redness? Also German shepherd keeps licking the area on puppy. PS weather has been mid 70’s to low 80’s

Attachments

• 067422AC-154E-415D-8A5E-32C7FB117270.jpeg
    067422AC-154E-415D-8A5E-32C7FB117270.jpeg
    828.4 KB · Views: 258

Deanojft96

Jun 20, 2017
Country
United Kingdom
Bulldog(s) Names
Alfie
Hi, a friend of mine has a 3-4 month old English bulldog puppy He got 3 days ago. Breeder was feeding him Diamond puppy food. Ordered him a bag but arrived today and he ran out of food yesterday. His family gave the puppy some dog food they have there for their German shepherd and My friend went and bought blue wilderness grain free with chicken for puppy food.
When he ate the other dog food the puppy threw up and it got on his neck. The puppy has also been bathed twice since they got him on Saturday. The puppy has spent most of its time outside In yard or garage.
what can be used on puppy to help with this redness? Also German shepherd keeps licking the area on puppy. PS weather has been mid 70’s to low 80’s
Hi i am a foster for a bulldog rescueand ive had a few bullies with hotspot under the chin ive found some times its metal bowls so changed to ceramic but i used to clean with hibi scrub and dry and then add medicated talc and after a few days it would clear up, before 1 previous dog had hair loss plus puss so be on the safe side get checked over for peace of mind

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
why would they get a pup and then keep him outside or in the garage? as long as the other dog keeps licking the area it will not heal. nu stock would heal it if it didn't get licked.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
It is a hotspot and due to allergies…. bulldogs are very sensitive dogs, skin, tummy, emotif Al, weather.. they do not due well in high termps (over 70) and should be in controlled environments due to breathing issues which is very common.

as for food.. high quality kibble avoid chicken and white potatoes.

I hope they reconsider allowing him in the home, he will not do well outside.

Mmsaxman

Jun 30, 2019
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Stella
Bullies have many allergies, but seriously, get the pups inside, those temps too high for him to be outside.

RiiSi

Community Veteran
Sep 30, 2011
Sysmä
Country
Finland
Bulldog(s) Names
Taisto, Kylli, Salli, Angel-Usko and Angel-Voitto
Has the pup been wearing a collar? Is so drinking water could of stopped there and caused a hot spot. It needs to be cleaned and kept dry. Bulldog puppys or any other puppys are not supposed to be kept outside or in a garage.

oscarmayer

Have Bulldog Will Travel
Staff member
Jan 20, 2016
VA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Lala, Chesty, Winky, Waggles, Moose, and rescue MoJo
I think your friend needs a crash course in proper care of a Bulldog/Bulldog puppy...sooner rather than later. This for the good of the puppy and the weight of his[friend] wallet!

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.