Health issues

Angybaby96

Jan 29, 2022
Country
California
Bulldog(s) Names
Angus
Hi there Iā€™ve been a proud mom to a wonderful 5 year old bulldog named angus within the last 6 months we have hit a rough patch after being a perfectly health and fit boy he has become sick as a first time owner of a bulldog Iā€™ve spent over 4k in lab test to see what wrong still no answers to what is wrong started off with a yeast infection to small bumps all over his body and now losing fur in small patches he is now scratching at his face to where is is starting to scab please went to a healthy 90 pound boy to who is weighing 45 pounds with a strong appetite still but continue to losing weight

RiiSi

Community Veteran
Sep 30, 2011
SysmƤ
Country
Finland
Bulldog(s) Names
Taisto, Kylli, Salli, Angel-Usko and Angel-Voitto
So sorry you're going through this. 4k is a lot for lab tests. I'm sure the first thing they did was full blood work? Liver, kidneys and pancreas is fine? Any changes in diet?

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
So very sorryā€¦. did the even do a thyroid level check?

@oscarmayer

oscarmayer

Have Bulldog Will Travel
Staff member
Jan 20, 2016
VA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Lala, Chesty, Winky, Waggles, Moose, and rescue MoJo
Has he been evaluated for Cushing's? Your boy checks several boxes with the exception of weight loss which is not usually associated with Cushings. The recurrent infections could be due to a compromised immune system due to some other issue. I would have him see a internal medicine Vet. In the mean time supplement his food with something like Probiotic Miracle.
What food are you feeding? Have you tried changing foods? Are you giving him any treats...and what kind?

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.