Head Tremor experience

mdoto

Jun 2, 2020
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Sam
Just wanted to add to this thread, as my Samantha has started idiopathic tremors at her age of 7.

Before that time she never had it.

At the time she started with the tremors, she had an eye infection. We went to an ophthalmologist and prescribed 3 different eye drops.

All three of those eye drops had to be used frequently.

The eye drops/medications were:

Muro

Tacrolimus

Collyrium

After around a week to a week and a half of her taking the eye drops she started having idiopathic head tremors.

I suspect either the eye drops or the stress of struggling with me to taking the eye drops may have caused it. After doing a little bit of research on each of the medication, Tacrolimus could possibly have a similar affect.

idiopathic.png

Samantha likes rolling around in sandpits and i suspect the reasons for her eye infection. The Opthamologist made it seem as though she was losing her sight and eye but currently her eyes seem pretty good but for a good month it was not well. It seemed to heal on it's own and the eye medications did not seem to have done any type of healing.

I am heartbroken and i know that in all scenarios waiting for self healing may not be best, but I believe in this scenario it would of been. I feel bad and this is one example or several where I do not trust vets.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
A lot of time stress can be a factor in them.... I hope she is healing and the tremors have subsided.

yankydoodle

Nov 28, 2016
Country
South Africa
Bulldog(s) Names
princess, kleintjie
Feed her plain yoghurt. The head tremors should stop.

1Chumly

Feb 19, 2015
Houston, TX
Country
From England
Bulldog(s) Names
Buster 2013-2023 Monty 6/2010 - 1/2020 Chumly 2002-2014
Buster had one two days after we got him. I immediately gave him a small amount of peanut butter and it stopped. It didn't even last a minute and he hasn't had another. I put it down to stress from being in a new environment.
I hope everything is alright now. I would never take a chance on dealing with an eye infection though.

OP
mdoto

mdoto

Jun 2, 2020
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Sam
A lot of time stress can be a factor in them.... I hope she is healing and the tremors have subsided.

Thanks for the well wishes:). It's an occasional thing. Going to try some natural methods.

- - - Updated - - -

Tried it....I think any type of distraction or food is good for a quick fix. Thanks for the tip.

- - - Updated - - -

Buster had one two days after we got him. I immediately gave him a small amount of peanut butter and it stopped. It didn't even last a minute and he hasn't had another. I put it down to stress from being in a new environment.
I hope everything is alright now. I would never take a chance on dealing with an eye infection though.

That's awesome to hear it was a one off case.

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
Thanks for the well wishes:). It's an occasional thing. Going to try some natural methods.

- - - Updated - - -

Tried it....I think any type of distraction or food is good for a quick fix. Thanks for the tip.

- - - Updated - - -

That's awesome to hear it was a one off case.

EAABAD99-4AE6-4DA9-B58A-E5FC764C5C0F.jpeg

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.