Harvey's Executive Assistant
Community Veteran
Aug 5, 2014
Yorba Linda (The OC), California
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Harvey Specter
With great sadness, I am sharing with you that my four legged son, my baby boy is gone all so sudden. What started out as a happy event, my daughter informed me monday last week that her friend is bringing her pet corgi to meet Harvey. So Tuesday at noon, corgi arrived. I called Harvey to inform him he has a guess waiting downstairs. It was a very friendly introduction. They were sniffing each other and Harvey was soon harassing the corgi with his relentless sniffing and following. Nothing out of the ordinary. Told my daughter and her friend that off to work I go which just means i am heading upstairs in front of the computer.

Moments later, my daughter informed me that something is unusual. According to her, Harvey just slowly flopped on the floor, eyes twitching. I did not know what to do. Shortly thereafter, his tongue turned blue. We rushed him to the emergency hospital but few minutes later, we were told he was gone. It was surreal for me. A breeder i talked to indicated that out of over excitement, he overheated and phlegm formed in his throat thereby obstructing oxygen. Harvey provided me with unconditional love for the past 8 years. I am beyond devastated. He is my very first dog since I moved to the United States 40 years ago. The love and joy i felt for having him was indescribable. I am beyond devastated. My only consolation is that his sufferring was limited to few minutes. Please include me in your prayers that i overcome this pain.

Attachments

• 080618.jpg
    080618.jpg
    623.4 KB · Views: 64
  • 012918.jpg
    012918.jpg
    201.3 KB · Views: 65
  • Harvey 89.jpeg
    Harvey 89.jpeg
    136.2 KB · Views: 69

Bulldog2001

May 5, 2022
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
None yet
With great sadness, I am sharing with you that my four legged son, my baby boy is gone all so sudden. What started out as a happy event, my daughter informed me monday last week that her friend is bringing her pet corgi to meet Harvey. So Tuesday at noon, corgi arrived. I called Harvey to inform him he has a guess waiting downstairs. It was a very friendly introduction. They were sniffing each other and Harvey was soon harassing the corgi with his relentless sniffing and following. Nothing out of the ordinary. Told my daughter and her friend that off to work I go which just means i am heading upstairs in front of the computer.

Moments later, my daughter informed me that something is unusual. According to her, Harvey just slowly flopped on the floor, eyes twitching. I did not know what to do. Shortly thereafter, his tongue turned blue. We rushed him to the emergency hospital but few minutes later, we were told he was gone. It was surreal for me. A breeder i talked to indicated that out of over excitement, he overheated and phlegm formed in his throat thereby obstructing oxygen. Harvey provided me with unconditional love for the past 8 years. I am beyond devastated. He is my very first dog since I moved to the United States 40 years ago. The love and joy i felt for having him was indescribable. I am beyond devastated. My only consolation is that his sufferring was limited to few minutes. Please include me in your prayers that i overcome this pain.

I’m so sorry for your loss!

He was a gorgeous bulldog!

I never would’ve thought something like excitement could cause something like this, so sad!

Harvey was very lucky to have you as his mom.

Again, I am so sorry for your loss of sweet Harvey, that’s so terribly sad.

anatess

Jul 26, 2011
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
Bullie (RIP) & Angus (RIP)
We feel your pain. Harvey was such a beautiful bulldog with all the classic bulldog cuteness. We pray you find peace and comfort with your loved ones.

1Chumly

Feb 19, 2015
Houston, TX
Country
From England
Bulldog(s) Names
Buster 2013-2023 Monty 6/2010 - 1/2020 Chumly 2002-2014
I was not expecting to read this sad news this morning. I am so very sorry for your loss and fully understand how devastated and lost you feel. RIP sweet Harvey.

Cbrugs

Administrator
Community Veteran
Dec 9, 2016
Seattle, WA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
King Louie, Jax (French Bulldog), Ella Mae and Darla Rae
I’m so sorry to be reading this. Harvey was a beautiful boy and had a wonderful life. Sending you big hugs.

MFrey2012

Feb 2, 2016
Eastern PA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ellie

Oh Sweet Harvey, Please rest Easy

Ellie and I our hearts are broken, please know we send our best to you during this most trying time

paw7004

Aug 30, 2012
Virginia
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tebow

So sorry for your loss. I understand your grief as it has been 7 weeks since Porkchop passed away and I still tear up, thinking of him. My deepest condolences.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)

How devastating! I will keep,you wrapped in prayers.
thank you for sharing those 8 years with us.. he is quite the character and we all enjoyed him.

rest well handsome boy, you were and will always be so very loved.

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
OMG... I'm just now reading this, and I'm floored!!! I'm SO very sorry... we just loved Harvey & hearing all of his stories. RIP sweet boy, and sending love & hugs to you my dear friend!!! :angelheart:

tigertanktoo

Mar 31, 2019
SW Georgia
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Gabe - EBD 7 yrs old and Charlie - Cockerspaniel 15 yrs old
We are so very sorry to hear this sad news. Our thoughts and prayers go out to you in this time of mourning. Harvey was a beautiful boy and will be deeply missed.

BullyAngel26.jpg
BullyAngel7.jpg

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.