kyredneck

Mar 20, 2021
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
Levi
Have been feeding Levi,, Victors Beef Meal & Brown Rice since he was 8 weeks he is now 13 months and he loves it with no allergy issues or any issues really at all eating it. Now thinking of going to Victors Yukon River grain free or Fromms Beef Fritatta but I noticed the protein content is a lot higher 24% to 33%. Will that make a diffrence in his weight control or any other issues,, he ain’t the most active Bulldog ,,lol

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
Have been feeding Levi,, Victors Beef Meal & Brown Rice since he was 8 weeks he is now 13 months and he loves it with no allergy issues or any issues really at all eating it. Now thinking of going to Victors Yukon River grain free or Fromms Beef Fritatta but I noticed the protein content is a lot higher 24% to 33%. Will that make a diffrence in his weight control or any other issues,, he ain’t the most active Bulldog ,,lol

The higher the protein the better. Bare in mind companies will save $ by adding legumes n it brings up the protein count. Meaning their protein count is not from meat only. Always read the back of any bag to see where the protein comes from. Example if they add a couple of legumes in the bag like lentils, chickpea then you know it’s not all from meat. Dogs need protein from meat. Like Acana will indicate the protein count from meat n the protein count from legumes with is normally 2-3% which is barely nothing. If you can go raw even better. :)

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Those numbers are fine... keep in mind you will only be feeding at most 2 cups per day

Cbrugs

Administrator
Community Veteran
Dec 9, 2016
Seattle, WA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
King Louie, Jax (French Bulldog), Ella Mae and Darla Rae
Several breeders I know recommend a lower protein % as the puppies grow. Growing too fast can cause growing pains.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Several breeders I know recommend a lower protein % as the puppies grow. Growing too fast can cause growing pains.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I never realized that... I knew the not growing part, but never put the two together.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Members online

No members online now.