Going to try Raw!?!

MamaAndi

Staff member
Nov 20, 2011
Nebraska
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank
Maybe you can add in a small (super small! lol) amount of organ meat like liver or something if you aren't already? That'll get the poo going easier! [MENTION=2242]karenben[/MENTION] might be able to elaborate on that one

karenben

Apr 18, 2011
uk
Bulldog(s) Names
Hilda
Maybe you can add in a small (super small! lol) amount of organ meat like liver or something if you aren't already? That'll get the poo going easier! @karenben might be able to elaborate on that one
a very very small piece of organ may make him go easier,try some kidney ,you could feed a little liver but he may get really soft poops,annie really has to push her poops out but shes not constipated so it may be you see him just having to work harder to poop,which is ok as it should also clear out his glands at the same time,karen

OP
EmmittPylate

EmmittPylate

Feb 17, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Dozer
Thx y'all I'll try the organ.. I don't think he is constipated but I dunno. When he try's to poop he screams and runs away before he actually poops and he try's again and then he goes. But I will go get some liver.

MamaAndi

Staff member
Nov 20, 2011
Nebraska
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank
But not too much organ meat at a time...lol...I learned that one the messy way!

karenben

Apr 18, 2011
uk
Bulldog(s) Names
Hilda
hes constipated,he should not be yelping and trying again to go ,be careful hes not constipated too long,karen

OP
EmmittPylate

EmmittPylate

Feb 17, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Dozer
Oh no he try's and yelps then looks for another place and he goes. He doesn't ever not go after the first time he yelps. It always right after

karenben

Apr 18, 2011
uk
Bulldog(s) Names
Hilda
mind you annie bolts around before pooping so i supose they all have their funny ways lol,karen

laurendoodler

Delilah's Personal Slave
Community Veteran
Feb 26, 2011
Iowa
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Delilah
I really want to try feeding Delilah raw but I'm worried about the poop thing now. I never thought I would be so concerned with my dogs poop, LOL. I don't want it to hurt her when she goes..

luseaann

Oct 3, 2011
Long Island, NY
Bulldog(s) Names
Liz and Amy
Every bulldog is different. The ladies have never had a poop problem. They've been eating a modified raw diet since Thanksgiving. By modified I mean I sear their meat, feed them veggies and grains. They also have kibble available in case I don't feed them enough.

karenben

Apr 18, 2011
uk
Bulldog(s) Names
Hilda
Every bulldog is different. The ladies have never had a poop problem. They've been eating a modified raw diet since Thanksgiving. By modified I mean I sear their meat, feed them veggies and grains. They also have kibble available in case I don't feed them enough.
why sear their meat they are dogs and would enjoy raw meat,up the amount of meat then you wont need the kibble,karen

OP
EmmittPylate

EmmittPylate

Feb 17, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Dozer
Laurendoodler I was just beginning the raw at that time... He is good now it only hurt him for a second I think but he looks soo much better being on it. He doesn't have problems going to the bathroom anymore!

karenben

Apr 18, 2011
uk
Bulldog(s) Names
Hilda
Laurendoodler I was just beginning the raw at that time... He is good now it only hurt him for a second I think but he looks soo much better being on it. He doesn't have problems going to the bathroom anymore!
just remember if he does get a bit too solid then cut back on the bone content,pleased for you that its going well,karen

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.