Gilbert had surgery

ladywebb

Feb 12, 2021
Midwest
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Gilbert
Sorry I have been MIA for a bit (no particular reason..lol). Today Gilbert had his BOAS surgery and neuter (he was cryptorchid) and had a small umbilical hernia fixed. Everything went perfect! He is home resting. Rest and soft foods for a couple weeks. He will definitely be more spoiled than before!
20211015_182438.jpg

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Sorry I have been MIA for a bit (no particular reason..lol). Today Gilbert had his BOAS surgery and neuter (he was cryptorchid) and had a small umbilical hernia fixed. Everything went perfect! He is home resting. Rest and soft foods for a couple weeks. He will definitely be more spoiled than before!View attachment 121953
What a handsome boy… those wrinkles! Healing prayers for a speedy recovery

Zedsded

Mar 30, 2015
Country
Uk
Bulldog(s) Names
Dudley (2015-2020) Wesley 2021
Fantastic photo, gorgeous boy! Glad hes home and it all went well.

OP
ladywebb

ladywebb

Feb 12, 2021
Midwest
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Gilbert
What a handsome boy… those wrinkles! Healing prayers for a speedy recovery
Thanks! How do I get him to not bark?! After his pain pill this morning and a nap ..I had to run outside quick and I hear him bark..I ran back in and stopped him right away..but :facepalm2:..he is already acting like he wants to act his normal self, which is good..but obviously not this quickly, I know. I already took his toys away yesterday and right now I am trying to make it as boring as possible. Any other advice? Thanks

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Thanks! How do I get him to not bark?! After his pain pill this morning and a nap ..I had to run outside quick and I hear him bark..I ran back in and stopped him right away..but :facepalm2:..he is already acting like he wants to act his normal self, which is good..but obviously not this quickly, I know. I already took his toys away yesterday and right now I am trying to make it as boring as possible. Any other advice? Thanks
This is the hard part… keeping them clam and quite. I had to sit with my guy for the first week, cause if I left he would bark. We couldn’t crate him cause he barked in the crate so it was a tough week

oscarmayer

Have Bulldog Will Travel
Staff member
Jan 20, 2016
VA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Lala, Chesty, Winky, Waggles, Moose, and rescue MoJo
Great that he’s on the mend. The first couple of days are the most difficult. After that, good to go!

agingermom

ink-a-licious redhead bully mama
Aug 31, 2011
Washington State
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Arnold Schwarzenegger and Miss Bertha Bacon and Petey Herman (Frenchie)
What a handsome boy!! I wish my wrinkles looked as good as his 😜. Glad he is recovering well ❤

Cbrugs

Administrator
Community Veteran
Dec 9, 2016
Seattle, WA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
King Louie, Jax (French Bulldog), Ella Mae and Darla Rae
So glad to hear his surgery went well!

thett

Nov 7, 2018
MI
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Stella, Harvey
I'm so glad to see all went well for Gilbert's surgery. I hope his recovery is coming to an end.. (sorry am late to this post) I too have been MIA..
After my two had their surgery they too wanted to be active again after just a couple days.. That is the hardest part.

He sure is one sweet boy and i'd love to kiss that little face!! :heart:

OP
ladywebb

ladywebb

Feb 12, 2021
Midwest
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Gilbert
Gilbert has been doing great since surgery! It was a task to keep him slowed down forsure! We can definitely tell the difference in his breathing....so much better!!
20211109_134239.jpg

oscarmayer

Have Bulldog Will Travel
Staff member
Jan 20, 2016
VA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Lala, Chesty, Winky, Waggles, Moose, and rescue MoJo
Excellent! Best of luck with continued healing

Most Reactions