Games your bulldogs play

singingintherain

May 7, 2014
Midwest
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Pumba
Pumba recently started playing his own version of keep away from us. He takes a toy in his mouth, jumps around with it while play growling, and challenges us to take it away from him. If we are able to take it away from him, he'll sit down and wait for us to throw it/give it back to him, and the cycle starts over again.

This made me wonder: how does EBN bulldogs initiate play with their owners? What kinds of games do you like to play with them?

Canelospeeps

Mar 13, 2013
Bulldog(s) Names
Canelo
Canelo plays keep away but he also will sit right in front of me, stare me down, and softly start growling. I purposely ignore him and slowly growls a little louder. This repeats a few times and then I growl back loud. He runs and grabs the nearest toy and starts bouncing, growling and shaking the toy to death challenging me to take it.

He has two pugs to play with and one will play. He goes for her toothpick legs, they play tug of war with toys, chase each other. The other pug, Chug, doesn't play with him, he screams because Canelo is looking at him. No joke, so Canelo sits and looks at him a lot to get him started. He also loves a laser and will run forever after it. We have to stop laser play because he goes forever.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
You just described Banks and Cheli (Frenchie) to a T... they both love chase and fetch and will start the process

OP
singingintherain

singingintherain

May 7, 2014
Midwest
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Pumba
starts bouncing, growling and shaking the toy to death challenging me to take it.

That's the same way Pumba does it! When he first did it, I was so confused. My husband had to explain to me that it was his way of telling me that he wanted to play [emoji1]

The other pug, Chug, doesn't play with him, he screams because Canelo is looking at him. No joke, so Canelo sits and looks at him a lot to get him started.

Lol! They're a lot like kids, aren't they? I can imagine Chug say, "Mom....he's looking at me. Make him quit it. Quit it Canelo! You're bothering me by staring at me!!!"

Canelospeeps

Mar 13, 2013
Bulldog(s) Names
Canelo
Canelo will play tug of war with the kids but we have to watch them all. He has pulled kids off the couch playing. It's funny but we check to make sure there are no injuries. We nick named him Baby Huey. He's so strong and we keep a close eye.

Paul Martin

Dec 7, 2013
Bulldog(s) Names
Jozy
Canelo will play tug of war with the kids but we have to watch them all. He has pulled kids off the couch playing. It's funny but we check to make sure there are no injuries. We nick named him Baby Huey. He's so strong and we keep a close eye.

Jozy plays drag. Starts like tug of war then she lays down like a dead dog and wants you to just drag her around the house!!:D

ThatsBull

Sep 10, 2014
Saskatchewan
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Tia
Tia hasn't done anything like this with us, but it cracks me up when she decides she wants to play with the cat (who is very dog tolerant). Our border collie cross, when she plays with the cat will mouth him...constant chorus's of "Don't eat the cat" ring out! But Tia doesn't mouth him. Instead she bops him with her "nose", then bops him with her chin...and does this over and over. The funniest part (to me) is that although she never opens her mouth to him, the cat gives Tia way more "heck" for her form of playing and she gives the border collie cross that actually puts her teeth on him LOL. It's just SO funny to see her "bop" him with her face!

OP
singingintherain

singingintherain

May 7, 2014
Midwest
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Pumba
Jozy plays drag. Starts like tug of war then she lays down like a dead dog and wants you to just drag her around the house!!:D

Lol! That's awesome. Pumba likes to ask for belly rubs while being sharky, so whenever he does that, we end up sliding him across the hard floor on his back. He seems like he has fun while we do that to him, though I'm sure he wants his belly rubbed instead

BulldogMomma

Mar 18, 2014
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
King George
George loves to play keep away. He will take a toy and then runs around the coffee table until my husband or I catch him. If he is ready to play tug, he gets his rope and whips it into my lap until I start to tug with him. They are funny little boogers!

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.