Fussy eating

Dundeered

Jul 10, 2021
Country
Scotland
Bulldog(s) Names
Geoff
Just looking for advice , eb is called Geoff and he is nearly 7 months old. He has been on gurupetfood cold pressed since he was 10 weeks old. Surf & turf which is beef fish and vegetables cold pressed. At the beginning he would jump
Around like a bunny when he knew it was food time. Until about 3 weeks ago when he turned his nose up at breakfast. Since then he has been hit or miss wether he eats his food straight away. I used to have to use a slow feeding bowl but when he started turning his nose up I reverted to an aluminium bowl but he still doesnā€™t seem to have the same desire. Itā€™s got so bad that he sometimes will only eat if itā€™s out of my hand. Any suggestions ? How old before he is no longer to get puppy amounts and reduce quantities. He is on 3 meals a day and weighs 25kg or 55lbs

SidNBear

Apr 11, 2021
Houston
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Bear
Have you taken him to the vet for them to check him over? Our pup wouldn't eat only when something was medically wrong with him. If nothing comes from the vet then maybe see about switching his food up to keep it exciting! Even try meal toppers, anything from plain yogurt to no sodium broth even baby food! Just something to entice him again, also I'd start cutting back his food now just so you don't have to worry about his weight when he eventually gets his appetite back!! Hope this helps :)

Cbrugs

Administrator
Community Veteran
Dec 9, 2016
Seattle, WA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
King Louie, Jax (French Bulldog), Ella Mae and Darla Rae
At 7 months you can go to feeding twice a day. Iā€™ve never had an issue with any of my dogs not wanting to eat to being fussy so if that were to happen, Iā€™d think something was wrong. Is he acting normal otherwise? Have you tried changing food?

OP
D

Dundeered

Jul 10, 2021
Country
Scotland
Bulldog(s) Names
Geoff
Thank you for your advice I was thinking he was at the stage where I could cut back on the weight of food. Itā€™s as if he doesnā€™t like the bowls he eats out of. Iā€™ve changed from beef to chicken and he seems to love it more. His šŸ’©have solidified more as well

Zedsded

Mar 30, 2015
Country
Uk
Bulldog(s) Names
Dudley (2015-2020) Wesley 2021
Hi, i wouldnā€™t worry too much we have been through a similar thing with Wesley who is now 9 months old.
Check out this link it was exactly what we were going through and we followed the suggestions and it works.
Basically Wesley just wasnā€™t hungry enough and was waiting to see if something better would be put in front of him to tempt ,him to eat :yes:
If he doesnā€™t eat now its taken up after 10 mins and he misses that meal but he always eats the next one without changing any food or adding anything :)

read this its very interesting and worked for us.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Agree,,, time to lessen the feedings

OP
D

Dundeered

Jul 10, 2021
Country
Scotland
Bulldog(s) Names
Geoff
Have added 2 pumps of grizzly salmon oil , heā€™s back to his usual self. Going to reduce his amounts though

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.