Foster or adoption ?!?!?

AllisonH

Jul 12, 2014
Nashville, TN
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Hoss (Should be Gorgeous)
I have been approached about fostering. What the &$%! is the difference between fostering and adopting? I can't adopt him to live with me but I can foster??!!!

Do I need to start contemplating my comprehension along with my age? Can someone explain this to me please.

AllisonH

traceylynn172

May 23, 2013
Michigan
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Oliver ,Maui, Cupcake ,Winter, EEyore, Piglet, Roo and Hana
I have been approached about fostering. What the &$%! is the difference between fostering and adopting? I can't adopt him to live with me but I can foster??!!!

Do I need to start contemplating my comprehension along with my age? Can someone explain this to me please.

AllisonH

Fostering is a good start and a lot of rescues will ask you to foster mainly to see if a bulldog fits into your life. Not everyone is cut out to be owned by a bullie (not saying your one of them) but it is a good way for a rescue to get to know you and for you to know them. Then you become one of the foster parents that are know as foster failure lol and you end up just adopting them. So it is actually a good start.

Petra

Jan 8, 2013
Naboomspruit, South Africa.
Country
Sweden
Bulldog(s) Names
Boeboe, Bennie Boy and Joey
Yes, fostering is until the bulldog finds a suitable home, adopting is forever, and sometimes the foster family adopts the bulldog if he fits in with them:) It is a good start, but I bet it can be pretty heartbreaking to foster and later the bulldog gets adopted to someone else... but rather see them go off being happy in a different home than die in a shelter<3 Fostering really saves lives:)

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)

AllisonH

forstering Hoss? or in general with this rescue?

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Go for it... You'll just end up a 'foster failure' and adopt him. I get your frustration, but they may be looking to see if you are serious about adopting a blind/senior dog.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

OP
AllisonH

AllisonH

Jul 12, 2014
Nashville, TN
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Hoss (Should be Gorgeous)
Go for it... You'll just end up a 'foster failure' and adopt him. I get your frustration, but they may be looking to see if you are serious about adopting a blind/senior dog.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

My only concern about that is them still listing him as being adoptable. Then I get arrested for not turning him over..LOL. In all seriousness I have provided all documentation, given my vets name to follow up on our past history. I even gave my work information and that is something I keep strictly confidential. I have gone to every length for this. Right now, I am in Disney with my entire family and it was easier to schedule all 17 of us to come and be together than this process I am going to give it to Sunday I explained that we were coming home Wed and we can drive through and get him. If it doesn't pan out then I am dropping the whole thing.

My Otis

Community Veteran
Sep 2, 2013
North Carolina
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Elmo
Go for it Girl, Foster First and then be a Foster Failure Hoss will then be YOURS.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.