natski282

Dog Hoarder
May 27, 2013
Barrys Bay Ont Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Megan = Meg,
034.jpg033.jpg028.jpg025.jpg023.jpg024.jpg021.jpg020.jpg018.jpg012.jpg010.jpg004.jpg015.jpg

Carol these are mostly pics of the wild flowers around are place , We can purchase packets of wild flower seeds as we have every year and and just throw them around the property . They are very hardy some come up every year or every two years , great for the Bee,s and butterflies ,smell wonderful. The Robins moved into the wood shed lol I should call it the condo shed as there are 5 or 6 different nests all Robins in the upper beams of it , this particular Robin is the most dedicated out of the bunch truly she is never off that nest .

006.jpg005.jpg004.jpg002.jpg these are from My MuM,s garden
hope you enjoy Nat

Texas Carol

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven
WOW!

A true paradise, Nat, so proud for you & yours that you have such a paradise
to enjoy & live in...God's blessing on the extra lake acreage you just bought :)

Love the wildflowers too, if it wasn't so danged cold, I'd pick up Lynn [MENTION=8741]Manydogs[/MENTION]
& Annie1991 and move in on y'all even if it was sharing the Robins condo, lol...if
they were bitchy than even a tent thrown up. Luckily (for y'all) it is cold & a long
time cold...can't handle it, my dear friend :) Give xoxo's on my behalf to all.

Happy Canada Day!

OP
natski282

natski282

Dog Hoarder
May 27, 2013
Barrys Bay Ont Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Megan = Meg,
WOW!

A true paradise, Nat, so proud for you & yours that you have such a paradise
to enjoy & live in...God's blessing on the extra lake acreage you just bought :)

Love the wildflowers too, if it wasn't so danged cold, I'd pick up Lynn @Manydogs
& Annie1991 and move in on y'all even if it was sharing the Robins condo, lol...if
they were bitchy than even a tent thrown up. Luckily (for y'all) it is cold & a long
time cold...can't handle it, my dear friend :) Give xoxo's on my behalf to all.

Happy Canada Day!

Thank you , you would all be welcome here at anytime of the year

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
Oh Wow Nat your property is so gorgeous and really big. Lol. I love the wild flowers, so pretty. We have finally finished our gardens in the backyard, ours are a much smaller area, but it looks a lot nicer than when we started and we laid down red mulch. I don't know if you saw the pictures, so here are a few before and after pictures of my backyard gardens.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    983.1 KB · Views: 118
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    965.7 KB · Views: 111
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    942.6 KB · Views: 112
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    980.6 KB · Views: 115
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    931.2 KB · Views: 124
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    817.1 KB · Views: 118
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1,018.8 KB · Views: 115
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    908.8 KB · Views: 108
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1,001.5 KB · Views: 117
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 115
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    934.3 KB · Views: 106
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1,002.6 KB · Views: 103
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 120
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 119
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    980.2 KB · Views: 108
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    869.7 KB · Views: 116
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    814.8 KB · Views: 122
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    828 KB · Views: 102
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 114
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    903.5 KB · Views: 116
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1,022.1 KB · Views: 107
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    887.6 KB · Views: 113
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    866.8 KB · Views: 121
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 107
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    858.3 KB · Views: 104
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 112
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    996.1 KB · Views: 115

Texas Carol

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven
Beautiful! What an absolutely fabulous job they did, Monica!

I know you feel like the Queen sipping hot tea or coffee and
enjoying such beauty, peace & bliss...as you deserve!

Love you, Honey...Happy Canada Day!

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
I gave up on fancy outside "stuff" a long time ago. My husband used to like to make a vegetable garden,or flowers(for the dogs to sit on....) I,myself would rather clean stalls and trim hooves!(no longer able to trim:no:) It all looks so beautiful in your photos-you have put alot of work into it! My dogs are "thugs", they would lay on,sit on,and eat the mulch(I guess Maude has Pica-she eats everything!)

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
Beautiful! What an absolutely fabulous job they did, Monica!

I know you feel like the Queen sipping hot tea or coffee and
enjoying such beauty, peace & bliss...as you deserve!

Love you, Honey...Happy Canada Day!

Thanks Carol, they did a lot of work, it took a few weekends and days off to complete. It was my daughter and SILs Mothers Day Gift to me, to finish what I started last year and beautify it. The long garden across from my backyard is part of the condo property, but it was really neglected and was a weed garden, so they decided to do that space as well. I talked to Condo Committee and asked if they could fix that space, and I had them give me money to buy all the plants, soil and mulch. I went to the garden centre and picked flowers that would do well in a mostly shady spot. It was a lot of work, as they had to de weed it first which took two days, and there was a lot of thick roots from trees, my hubby and SIL trimmed some of the tree branches to let in some sun, and then it took another day and a half to plant everything and lay the mulch. They did this space because it's directly in front of our backyard, so we see it. We are an end unit, and have no neighbours on that side. Now everyone wants them to do heir gardens lol, and the Condo committee wants them to do some other areas in the complex, but they are going to have to be less cheap, and pay them to do anymore. Lol
they are happy to let them do the gardening, but they don't want to pay them for it. I do love sitting back there now, but not sipping coffee, don't like the stuff. Lol. I do like sipping iced tea, or iced Capps though, and reading a book or magazine.

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
I gave up on fancy outside "stuff" a long time ago. My husband used to like to make a vegetable garden,or flowers(for the dogs to sit on....) I,myself would rather clean stalls and trim hooves!(no longer able to trim:no:) It all looks so beautiful in your photos-you have put alot of work into it! My dogs are "thugs", they would lay on,sit on,and eat the mulch(I guess Maude has Pica-she eats everything!)

I love your Avatar Picture. Love the tongue. Lol

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
Beautiful garden ladies... I absolutely LOVE wildflowers, those are my favorites!!!

I'm hiring a landscaper to re-do our front beds, our stupid builder over planted and I HATE everything that he put down. We are going to try to salvage the boxwoods, and pull out everything else... I'm going to add some hydrangea's and skinny evergreens. I will have some pockets to plant hostas, flowers, ornamental grasses etc... AND I'm planting a rose memorial garden for my babies. We are going to plant in Oct.

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
Beautiful garden ladies... I absolutely LOVE wildflowers, those are my favorites!!!

I'm hiring a landscaper to re-do our front beds, our stupid builder over planted and I HATE everything that he put down. We are going to try to salvage the boxwoods, and pull out everything else... I'm going to add some hydrangea's and skinny evergreens. I will have some pockets to plant hostas, flowers, ornamental grasses etc... AND I'm planting a rose memorial garden for my babies. We are going to plant in Oct.

That's what we did with our garden Tracey, we pulled out everything from the garden that the previous owners had planted, and made it our own. We took out 2 large trees that he had planted in the backyard, they were way to big for the space. I love Hydrangeas too, they are my favourite, especially the white ones, and the Annebelle, and I love the Rose of Sharon as well. I can't wait to see your new garden.

OP
natski282

natski282

Dog Hoarder
May 27, 2013
Barrys Bay Ont Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Megan = Meg,
Oh Wow Nat your property is so gorgeous and really big. Lol. I love the wild flowers, so pretty. We have finally finished our gardens in the backyard, ours are a much smaller area, but it looks a lot nicer than when we started and we laid down red mulch. I don't know if you saw the pictures, so here are a few before and after pictures of my backyard gardens.

Wonderful i wondered about your gardens they look great Monica HA HA HA LOVE the foot prints
Ya were fair size property , Main house is 3 acres and the new property is 4 acres including 1 acre waterfront which is a work in progress bush lot to be honest with possibilities. I am the veggie guy , I will try and get some pics of The Prettyones gardens for you , I figure if you can not eat it or smoke it it is not worth growing ha ha ha

OP
natski282

natski282

Dog Hoarder
May 27, 2013
Barrys Bay Ont Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Megan = Meg,
View attachment 99692View attachment 99693View attachment 99694View attachment 99695View attachment 99696View attachment 99697View attachment 99698View attachment 99699View attachment 99700 Monica these are the veggie patches , As a Italian you would appreciate Garlic pics 4 and 6 are all garlic as we have such a short growing season and it keeps red neck vampires away you can appreciate we grow alot of it lol. the rest are the usual Tomatoes potatoes apples ( 4 tree,s ) peppers cukes various squash and more garlic .

Now The Prettyones stuff ya can not eat or smoke ,001.jpg002.jpg003.jpg005.jpg006.jpg009.jpg010.jpg012.jpg011.jpg013.jpg018.jpg020.jpg021.jpg023.jpg024.jpg

opps they did not post My Bad got distracted
014.jpg015.jpg016.jpg017.jpg007.jpg026.jpg027.jpg029.jpg030.jpg028.jpg008.jpg001.jpg003.jpg

CCandMurray

Sep 16, 2015
NY
Country
U.S.
Bulldog(s) Names
Murray
Your gardens put me to shame!!! I have one plant and a black thumb lol image.jpeg

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
Beautiful Nat, you are so lucky to have such a big and gorgeous property. The dogs must love it as well. I am so jealous, I wish I had enough property for a vegetable garden. It's great to have fresh veggies, especially tomatoes and beans and also fresh herbs.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
WOW..... beautiful gardens! Thank you for sharing all of these pictures.... great work and I do hope you enjoy it as much as you work on it. We are three years in and just starting to see some of the work paying off... I'll try to remember to post some pictures tomorrow

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.