Food list - Farmina comments?

May 9, 2022
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Duke
Hi everyone, new member here! I'm learning so much from this forum, it's our first bulldog. Duke just turned 2 last week and we love our guy...He makes us laugh everyday!

Regarding recommended food list, I didn't see Farmina. I'm curious why Farmina did not make the list, and does anyone out there have any comments/feedback on Farmina food? Duke has been on Farmina Ancestral Grains Lamb and seems to be doing great. Any comments are appreciated!

Duke turns 2.jpg

Bulldog2001

May 5, 2022
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
None yet
Hi everyone, new member here! I'm learning so much from this forum, it's our first bulldog. Duke just turned 2 last week and we love our guy...He makes us laugh everyday!

Regarding recommended food list, I didn't see Farmina. I'm curious why Farmina did not make the list, and does anyone out there have any comments/feedback on Farmina food? Duke has been on Farmina Ancestral Grains Lamb and seems to be doing great. Any comments are appreciated!

View attachment 122697

Welcome!

Are you referring to farmina N&D?? Thatā€™s the only Farmina I know of.

Farmina N&D didnā€™t use grains or legumes(just uses millet which isnā€™t considered a grain or legume). It is a good kibble.

Are you referring to Farmina N&D Lamb and blueberry???? Can you take a photo of the bag or something so I can help you and answer your questions??

Duke is cute!

OP
dukebulldog303
May 9, 2022
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Duke
Welcome!

Are you referring to farmina N&D?? Thatā€™s the only Farmina I know of.

Farmina N&D didnā€™t use grains or legumes(just uses millet which isnā€™t considered a grain or legume). It is a good kibble.

Are you referring to Farmina N&D Lamb and blueberry???? Can you take a photo of the bag or something so I can help you and answer your questions??

Duke is cute!

Thank you, yes Farmina N&D lamb blueberry

1652135335249.png

Cbrugs

Administrator
Community Veteran
Dec 9, 2016
Seattle, WA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
King Louie, Jax (French Bulldog), Ella Mae and Darla Rae
I have never tried Farmina but last time I had looked at it, it was a decent brand. As far as the "recommended food list," I assume you mean the list posted on this forum and I don't think it has been updated recently.

Bulldog2001

May 5, 2022
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
None yet
Thank you, yes Farmina N&D lamb blueberry

View attachment 122698

Ok thing formula has oats in it which can be a common allergy to some dogs.

If it was my dog I would get the lamb and blueberry formula with millet. Them I would rotate proteins to prevent food allergies as they can become allergic to what they eat every day(not and apple, lamb blueberry, venison, quail, duck).

But the brand is good for a kibble!

OP
dukebulldog303
May 9, 2022
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Duke
Ok thing formula has oats in it which can be a common allergy to some dogs.

If it was my dog I would get the lamb and blueberry formula with millet. Them I would rotate proteins to prevent food allergies as they can become allergic to what they eat every day(not and apple, lamb blueberry, venison, quail, duck).

But the brand is good for a kibble!
thank you - where do you find the formula with millet? Does Farmina make one with millet?? In reading the ingredients, you're right, I see there is oats and maybe he is allergic??

Bulldog2001

May 5, 2022
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
None yet
thank you - where do you find the formula with millet? Does Farmina make one with millet?? In reading the ingredients, you're right, I see there is oats and maybe he is allergic??

Oh sorry I keep thinking itā€™s millet, itā€™s Quinoa, but because itā€™s a seed itā€™s actually not considered a grain.
The lamb formulas with quinoa is weight management OR digestion formula.
The quinoa line(also shows itā€™s for skin and coat), that has the venison, boar, duck, quail, herring. They have a fish line too(ocean).

There is also a pumpkin line which has the pumpkin instead of quinoa that comes in the lamb and blueberry formula.

I attached a couple screenshots of the pumpkin lamb and blueberry, and Duck formula of skin and coat(has quinoa).

Iā€™m in Canada, but if you can get the grains recipe, they should carry these lines of this brand too.

Attachments

• 1652140852636.jpeg
    1652140852636.jpeg
    59.6 KB · Views: 88
  • 1652140864105.jpeg
    1652140864105.jpeg
    56.7 KB · Views: 80

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Farmina is a very good kibbleā€¦. List is out of date and havenā€™t had anytime to spend updating it

Most Reactions

šŸ“° Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.