Flea and Tick treatments

Jun 13, 2016
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
VooDoo and Breezy
Hi everyone, This is probably a tired subject but I need advice. I want to give my boys flea and tick preventatives but don't want to give them Nexgard or any of those chemicals. I have been giving them Dogzymes Yeast & Garlic powder, but I think it's giving VooDoo (my English Bulldog) ear infections. I also, spray them with Wondercide but I'm wondering if anyone has any other natural alternatives.

Thanks,
Voodoo and Breezy's Mom.

anatess

Jul 26, 2011
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
Bullie (RIP) & Angus (RIP)
Flea and tick prevention starts in the yard. We use diatomaceous earth on the dog run. Be careful with this because it also kills beneficial bugs for the garden. The way I set up my yard, I separated the dog run from the garden.

For walks/activities outside, a 1:1 vinegar to water spray before and after a walk can prevent flea and ticks from jumping onto the dog's coat and paws. If you're into essential oils, lavender and rose geranium is good. Be careful with these as dogs have a much more sensitive nose than humans.

With bulldogs, their coat is so short it's easy to flea comb them before going inside just to get rid of any "riders".

If it becomes a treatment rather than prevention, there are some earth friendly powders sold in Chewy or your local pet shop.

Bulldog2001

May 5, 2022
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
None yet
Hi everyone, This is probably a tired subject but I need advice. I want to give my boys flea and tick preventatives but don't want to give them Nexgard or any of those chemicals. I have been giving them Dogzymes Yeast & Garlic powder, but I think it's giving VooDoo (my English Bulldog) ear infections. I also, spray them with Wondercide but I'm wondering if anyone has any other natural alternatives.

Thanks,
Voodoo and Breezy's Mom.

Good for not going with nexguard, my dog got head tremors and now seizures from using it when he was a pup.

For the natural alternatives:

-Earth MD brand- outdoor shield powder.(prevents fleas and ticks), you just add it to food.

-Kim and Kind outdoor shield spray and shampoo(prevents fleas and ticks).

Apple cider vinegar is also another good thing you can add to food or spray on them to prevent flea and ticks.

OP
VooDoo & Breezy Cano
Jun 13, 2016
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
VooDoo and Breezy
Good for not going with nexguard, my dog got head tremors and now seizures from using it when he was a pup.

-Earth MD brand- outdoor shield powder.(prevents fleas and ticks), you just add it to food.

Apple cider vinegar is also another good thing you can add to food or spray on them to prevent flea and ticks.
Thanks for the info. I'll look these up.

OP
VooDoo & Breezy Cano
Jun 13, 2016
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
VooDoo and Breezy

Flea and tick prevention starts in the yard. We use diatomaceous earth on the dog run. Be careful with this because it also kills beneficial bugs for the garden. The way I set up my yard, I separated the dog run from the garden.

For walks/activities outside, a 1:1 vinegar to water spray before and after a walk can prevent flea and ticks from jumping onto the dog's coat and paws. If you're into essential oils, lavender and rose geranium is good. Be careful with these as dogs have a much more sensitive nose than humans.

With bulldogs, their coat is so short it's easy to flea comb them before going inside just to get rid of any "riders".

If it becomes a treatment rather than prevention, there are some earth friendly powders sold in Chewy or your local pet shop.
Thank you. I appreciate it.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.