Have Bulldog Will Travel
Staff member
Jan 20, 2016
VA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Lala, Chesty, Winky, Waggles, Moose, and rescue MoJo
"I cannot imagine why anyone thinks itā€™s a good idea to deliberately create an animal who will, for his or her entire life, suffer from air hunger..."
Seriously, Dr Becker should know the answer to this. It's all about the almighty dollar. As long as there is demand a product at a given price, there will be supply. And in the case of the "designer" Bulldog, there are many unscrupulous breeders that are ready and willing to fill that supply void...the health of the breed be damned. Sad.

OP
helsonwheels

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
"I cannot imagine why anyone thinks itā€™s a good idea to deliberately create an animal who will, for his or her entire life, suffer from air hunger..."
Seriously, Dr Becker should know the answer to this. It's all about the almighty dollar. As long as there is demand a product at a given price, there will be supply. And in the case of the "designer" Bulldog, there are many unscrupulous breeders that are ready and willing to fill that supply void...the health of the breed be damned. Sad.

I basically replied to the post saying mostly what you said as itā€™s all about the money n had a couple people giving me sh*t politely loll. Thereā€™s maybe a few things I do agree she wrote but definitely itā€™s all about the money.

1Chumly

Feb 19, 2015
Houston, TX
Country
From England
Bulldog(s) Names
Buster 2013-2023 Monty 6/2010 - 1/2020 Chumly 2002-2014
There are of course many breeders that truly care about the breed but for backyard breeders, it is all about the money. I used to belong to a FB group for Bulldogs and it was full of people looking for studs etc and selling puppies. There was hardly ever any mention of health or people asking questions about their bulldog. It sickened me, so I left.

Members online

No members online now.