First Solo Birthday - Linus would have been 8!

sheshistory

Jul 11, 2010
Vermont
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Bentley, Linus, Truman
As some of you know, today is my birthday and, for 7 years, I was lucky enough to share it with my angel bully, Linus. I posted this picture once before and told the story that goes along with it but I thought I'd retell it one more time, in honor of what would've been Linus' 8th birthday.

Linus was one of four in a litter, who were all born premature. The only pups that survived past birth were Linus, and his sister Winnie (pictured below at birth):

BabyLinus.jpg

Sadly, Winnie also passed away, leaving just Linus by himself.

The lady who I got Linus from lived in Illinois. I happened to see him on her Flickr (photosharing) site and he was so darling, I had to inquire! She explained to me he was a single pup, a preemie, and would probably always be tiny. He had nick on his neck that would never grow hair because he was delivered with such haste because the puppies were in distress. He opened his eyes later than puppies normally do and she wasn't sure what kind of bulldog he'd turn out to be.

Well, my preemie Linus turn out to be, at full size, 83 pounds of big, beautiful, snow-white bulldog - with the most precious polka-dotted ears:

LinusMemorial.jpg

What kind of bulldog did Linus turn out to be? The best kind - adorable, fearless, loyal, loving, and funny! I would later tell his breeder, who I've remained in touch with all of these years, that I believe Linus needed all 83 pounds of his body to accomodate his finest feature - his huge heart, which encompassed the love of all of his brothers and sisters who did not live very long.

That big heart gave out on him on July 30th. I still miss him so much but today, on his birthday, I celebrate the love we shared.

Happy Birthday Linus! I love you!

TrumanPic5.jpg

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
Oh Jill, your story brought tears to my eyes… Bella would of been 6 on New Years Eve!

Linus was such a big, beautiful bully… it's hard to believe he was a preemie!!!! Since you both shared the same birthday… I guess you guys were meant to be together. Happy Birthday to you both!!! :hug:

Biogirl71

Nov 5, 2010
Cedar Rapids, IA
Bulldog(s) Names
Frank
Oh I just love your story. It brought tears to my eyes. Linus was definitely such a handsome bully with such a big heart. He was absolutely meant to be with you and it is a special day today to celebrate those wonderful years you had together. :hug:

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
What a great post but breaks my heart. Happy Birthday to you and Linus he will always be in your heart. I :heart: Linus.

bella100

Community Veteran
Sep 7, 2011
Mississippi
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
Bella, Dooley, and Bentley
aww brought tears to my eyes also, thats a very sweet story! HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU AND LINUS!!!!!!

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Beautiful tribute to your wonderful Linus, thank you for sharing his story, I've always loved it. Happy Birthday Jill!

jenzaar

Aug 24, 2013
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Winslow
Ohhhh my gosh. Wow. In tears, everybody here makes me cry.
What a beautiful tribute to him.

Happy birthday, Linus. :heart: And to you, too, of course!

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
You and Linus had a special bond that will be there for eternity. Birthday wishes to you and to sweet Linus who is celebrating in Heaven.:heart:

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Happy Birthday Jill and Linus..... what a beautiful story! I never knew any of that... soulmates through and through!

:hug:

KMARINO

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried!
Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
Aw, Jill I never knew your story either, Happy Birthday to you and Linus, RIP sweet Linus!! I hope you were able to enjoy your day. :heartsign:

Ftse 100

Bully lov'in wonder from down under
Mar 25, 2012
Qld Australia
Country
Australia
Bulldog(s) Names
Ftse
Well Jill you brought me to tears too and I never knew you shared the same birthday, a Very Happy Birthday to you Jill and a Happy Birthday to Linus n Heaven.

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgHi Jill, just found this post, so sorry for the late birthday wishes. What a beautiful but sad story. You were meant to find each other, and you shared not just your birthdays, but your lives and your hearts. I'm sure he felt your love, and felt the same about you. Happy Birthday to you Jill and to your sweet, handsome boy Linus. RIP Linus, and I hope you had a great Birthday on the rainbow bridge with your friends, you are loved and missed.

Pati Robins

I'm Polish what did you expect! A lady like person
Community Veteran
Jun 12, 2013
Cardiff UK
Country
UK-Cardiff
Bulldog(s) Names
Lily (British Bulldog) & Shy (American Bulldog X)
Happy belated birthday hun ,i don't really know what to say ,your story brought tears in my eyes :-( happy birthday to Your angel Linus xxxx

OP
sheshistory

sheshistory

Jul 11, 2010
Vermont
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Bentley, Linus, Truman
Thank you to everyone for your kind words. Linus was a wonderful friend and I had a great day and remembered all the ways he made my life richer!

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Staff online

Members online