Fire!

thett

Nov 7, 2018
MI
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Stella, Harvey
We have been thinking about you and praying for you. Iā€™m so sorry you are having such a rough time . Please know your not alone. Iā€™m sure I speak for this EBN gang when I say we are here for you.

Big big hugs, so much love, strength and peace coming to you right now! [emoji3590]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
rjisaterp

rjisaterp

Community Veteran
Apr 18, 2014
Somewhere in the Universe. Really Maryland.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Cooper, Jewel (April 27, 2013-May 7, 2022-RIPDaddy's Girl) and (Bentley Oct 2013-Dec 2021)
We have been thinking about you and praying for you. Iā€™m so sorry you are having such a rough time . Please know your not alone. Iā€™m sure I speak for this EBN gang when I say we are here for you.

Big big hugs, so much love, strength and peace coming to you right now! [emoji3590]

Thank you very much. Structural and content adjusters as well as fire inspector walked through yesterday......Grand Central Station it was..

Sent from my SM-A515U using Tapatalk

thett

Nov 7, 2018
MI
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Stella, Harvey
Thank you very much. Structural and content adjusters as well as fire inspector walked through yesterday......Grand Central Station it was..

Oh I know grand central well [emoji2957]Hang in there!!! Snuggling the kids always helps with the stress, even if itā€™s just a few minutes. [emoji3590]

OP
rjisaterp

rjisaterp

Community Veteran
Apr 18, 2014
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Cooper, Jewel (April 27, 2013-May 7, 2022-RIPDaddy's Girl) and (Bentley Oct 2013-Dec 2021)
The house is being packed out as I text. The process is a big PITA. The estfor being displaced is 4 months.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
The house is being packed out as I text. The process is a big PITA. The estfor being displaced is 4 months.

Wow... I guess four months isnā€™t too bad but it is a PITA for sure.

Continued prayers and let us know what we can help

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
OMG I'm just catching up on this... I'm SO SO sorry!!! Like this year hasn't been hard enough...

ServePro has been a massive disappointment on our end as well... a local pub caught on fire here, and they actually had the nerve to tell my hubby that they were massively busy now!!! OUR entire process started in AUGUST :cursing: We asked for this week off because my grandson is here for his spring break, and low & behold they told us that this week they wanted to come & replace our floors!!! To say I'm beyond irritated is a complete understatement...

Sending prayers your way... I hope the next 4 months go by quickly my friend!!!

OP
rjisaterp

rjisaterp

Community Veteran
Apr 18, 2014
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Our temporary residence is the Residences at Arundel Preserve. Very nice and very restricted access. Little messy now but trying to settle in.

We have a meeting with the contractor on Monday.
7bfdba2fcc46bc0037d10cdf0dde2145.jpg

2BullyMama

Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Our temporary residence is the Residences at Arundel Preserve. Very nice and very restricted access. Little messy now but trying to settle in.

We have a meeting with the contractor on Monday.
7bfdba2fcc46bc0037d10cdf0dde2145.jpg

looks bright... lots of sunshine coming in

OP
rjisaterp

rjisaterp

Community Veteran
Apr 18, 2014
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
looks bright... lots of sunshine coming in
Actually...this place is nicer than the house we live in. Of course we have 30 pounds o crap in a 5 pound bag. 31 years of accumulated stuff. Wife finally conceded we have too much stuff.

I told her I want to have a yard sale...lots of books and much much more. We'll see.

2BullyMama

Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Actually...this place is nicer than the house we live in. Of course we have 30 pounds o crap in a 5 pound bag. 31 years of accumulated stuff. Wife finally conceded we have too much stuff.

I told her I want to have a yard sale...lots of books and much much more. We'll see.

Always sounds good, but it is a lot of work. Donate it to your local community center.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Chunky White

Chunky's Chauffeur
Aug 13, 2015
Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chunky White
Sorry I am late to the party and I hate you had a house fire. We had one in 2001 and it took forever to get back into our home.

2BullyMama

Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
[MENTION=11639]rjisaterp[/MENTION] ā€¦ how are you all doing?

thett

Nov 7, 2018
MI
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Stella, Harvey
Hi there, I also wanted to check in on you and see how you are all faring.
I hope things are smoothing out and you are getting adjusted as best you can in your temporary space. I especially hope Jewel is doing better!

I have been thinking about you a lot especially since i am still fighting with my insurance company adjuster. and my fire was 2 years ago. It is a constant battle, and while i just want to give up, i refuse on principle alone.
I wanted to strongly recommend, look into private adjusters, for your claim. I wish i had done this from the start. I did not and i have been in receipt hellever since. and you have to save EVERYTHING, document every phone call, date, what when and where... it is virtually impossible when you are juggling your regular life!

Private adjusters are there to help homeowners through things like this, and will take a percentage, however you are guaranteed to get way more than what you would probably claim.
This process is set up to make the homeowner exhausted and to just give in. A private adjuster will handle every thing through the process and ensure you get all that you are entitled to.

I am not sure what state you are in or i would send you some links. but you can google it and certainly find some. God forbid i have a next time, i will 1000% use one.

Please give us an update when you can. Till then, sending lots of love and prayers your way.

Theresa, Stella and Harvey:pray:

OP
rjisaterp

rjisaterp

Community Veteran
Apr 18, 2014
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
[MENTION=11639]rjisaterp[/MENTION] ā€¦ how are you all doing?

Apartment life sucks but it is a roof over our heads. Waiting on insurance company to approve the adjusters findings. However, carpenter grade wood has skyrocketed as well as other items so this is slowing the process down.

Jewel's ear canal operation went well but she can't hear now. Bentley will need injections for arthritis...we will be giving them.

OP
rjisaterp

rjisaterp

Community Veteran
Apr 18, 2014
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Hi there, I also wanted to check in on you and see how you are all faring.
I hope things are smoothing out and you are getting adjusted as best you can in your temporary space. I especially hope Jewel is doing better!

I have been thinking about you a lot especially since i am still fighting with my insurance company adjuster. and my fire was 2 years ago. It is a constant battle, and while i just want to give up, i refuse on principle alone.
I wanted to strongly recommend, look into private adjusters, for your claim. I wish i had done this from the start. I did not and i have been in receipt hellever since. and you have to save EVERYTHING, document every phone call, date, what when and where... it is virtually impossible when you are juggling your regular life!

Private adjusters are there to help homeowners through things like this, and will take a percentage, however you are guaranteed to get way more than what you would probably claim.
This process is set up to make the homeowner exhausted and to just give in. A private adjuster will handle every thing through the process and ensure you get all that you are entitled to.

I am not sure what state you are in or i would send you some links. but you can google it and certainly find some. God forbid i have a next time, i will 1000% use one.

Please give us an update when you can. Till then, sending lots of love and prayers your way.

Theresa, Stella and Harvey:pray:

Thanks...we have a 3rd party adjuster and we live in Maryland.

Most Reactions

šŸ“° Latest posts

Staff online

Members online