cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
Finn has been changing lately; he weighed in at 48 lbs this past Tuesday. He used to weigh in the mid 50's and 57lbs was his highest. Since his illness with the diarrhea and also the hip dysplasia, I've been stricter with the food, cooking his food for him and have also decreased the processed and store-bought snacks I used to give him. I still give him peanut butter, yogurt, frozen berries as special treats however.

The thing is, he seems to be always searching for something to eat. Right now he's in the kitchen whining (probably smells the meatloaf i just made!). I just gave him some frozen berries, and earlier a small bowl of yogurt and pumpkin. Is he truly hungry or is he just playing with my head b/c more than likely, I will soon get up and give him "a little something"!

The vet wants him on the light side; she even said, "as in super-model thin" b/c of the hip dysplasia. Maybe it's cuz i've been off work that he thinks he can get more food out of me? I pretty much feed Tate the same as Finn and Tate does not whine for something more to eat like Finn. It's so puzzling!

OP
cali baker

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Here is a recent picture of him--I think he looks thinner but not too much.

IMG_9034.jpg

TyTysmom

Nov 4, 2014
Katy, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"
Here is a recent picture of him--I think he looks thinner but not too much.

View attachment 90477

He looks great to me. Such a handsome boy. I would fill him up with empty snacks. Like green beans, broccoli, carrots - things that won't make him gain weight but will fill him up. Also, rice cakes. I would give one to Tyson before bed so he'd have a snack, but not gain.

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
I think it's all a ploy by those two to get more food!! He looks fantastic in that picture :yes:

TyTysmom

Nov 4, 2014
Katy, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"
Green beans, lots of green beans. I think he's hungry.

OH, and speaking of... when we cut back Tyson's food to get him to lose weight - he was hungry, whining too, and this is right around the time he ate the socks :*(:pouting: ... so I would give him something....

harveyspecter

Harvey's Executive Assistant
Community Veteran
Aug 5, 2014
Yorba Linda (The OC), California
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Harvey Specter
the boys looks good. Green beans it is. It is a low calorie filler and healthy. I also boil kale and carrots mixed with beef boullion for taste, then I top with a tablespoon of greek yogurt.

OP
cali baker

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
thanks guys. What a coincidence that I bought two bags of green beans from Trader Joe's today! Okay, I just got back home from the library and picking Tate up from day camp and the boy is whining again. Going to give him some green beans now...

Jessica, i like the idea of the rice cakes. I remember you mentioned this before but have never tried them on the boys.

TyTysmom

Nov 4, 2014
Katy, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"
thanks guys. What a coincidence that I bought two bags of green beans from Trader Joe's today! Okay, I just got back home from the library and picking Tate up from day camp and the boy is whining again. Going to give him some green beans now...

Jessica, i like the idea of the rice cakes. I remember you mentioned this before but have never tried them on the boys.

Just be sure to get the plain jane, no flavor, etc kind. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Brian Melton

Aug 8, 2015
Bucks County, Pa.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Charlie
Charlie could eat the *** end out of a rag doll-he's always hungry so much so that he'll wake from a dead sleep just to give you that "Im hungry, I'm up so so give it up" stink eye.

He's still a pup and Im feeding him three times a day-Acana pork and butternut squash, some boiled turkey, and a little pumpkin with the freeze dried boar snacks from Orijen. But he'll park his backside near my daughters parrot when its downstairs waiting for anything that nasty creature drops. IMG_0341.JPG

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
[MENTION=14656]Brian Melton[/MENTION] :ROFL: When I had parrots, the dogs were positioned just like yours, waiting for the seeds to drop!!

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)

Libra926

Pistol Packing Bullyagrapher
Staff member
May 5, 2010
Washington
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Vegas and Orion
Vegas is always hungry too. He will whine to go outside, never to leave the back step. He will stand there and stare at you. He refuses to come in until he hears the magic word. "Want a cookie?"

Bendy

Feb 23, 2014
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Spike
If continues to loose weight please get his b12 levels checked, especially if there's undigested food in his poop.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.